Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Mise en place d'un stock stratégique d'intrants agricoles et de parc à bois et de lianes de patate douce en République Démocratique du Congo21/04/2015
- Scaling up of root and tuber crops diversification in 15 woredas of Amhara, Oromia, SNNPR and Tigray Regions of Ethiopia16/04/2015
- Strengthening the resilience and improving the food and nutrition security of displaced populations and host communities by restoring their agricultural production in Mali15/04/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d’urgence en faveur de 7 000 ménages malnutris et en insécurité alimentaire en territoire de Niangara, district de Haut Uélé (Province Orientale) 15/04/2015
- Drought Recovery Response in Ethiopia14/04/2015
Connect with us
Support to the most food insecurity prone populations affected by drought and current soaring food prices in Regional Africa
Support to the most food insecurity prone populations in Djibouti and Eritrea affected by the drought and the current soaring food prices
To secure a minimum food production capacity by supporting agriculture and livestock operations, providing agricultural inputs and basic training for the most vulnerable populations in order to mitigate the effects of the drought and soaring food prices.
Ministries of Agriculture (MoA), local authorities and l’Association Nationale des Femmes de Djibouti.
24 000 direct households and 6 432 indirect beneficiaries.
- Distributed weaving tools to l’Association Nationale des Femmes de Djibouti in Hagande, including 4 pots, 12 boxes of dye and tools for sewing, and constructed an artisan storage unit in Arta.
- Rehabilitated water-related infrastructure through the construction of two buried cisterns with hand pumps and four shallow wells for pastoralists, as well as installed a solar water pump system and provided borehole equipment.
- Provided agricultural tools and equipment for water sources and boreholes.
- Rehabilitated four small home gardens and two tree nurseries producing 14 000 fruit and fodder tree plants in Ali Sabieh and Obock.
- Installed an incubator, to be used by the MoA in Eritrea.
- Distributed 200 kg of Doxycycline, 2 000 litres of Enrofloxacin, 1 000 doses of Gumboro vaccine and 1 000 doses of Newcastle vaccine to ensure livestock health.
- Increased the food security of the project beneficiaries by providing additional water sources, benefiting agriculture and livestock.
- Increased the production of fodder.
- Strengthened the capacity of the MoA in Eritrea.
- Improved the nutritional status and income of poor rural households in Eritrea through poultry production.
- Diversified the livelihood of 40 women through rug weaving, improving their food security.