Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Restore and strengthen food and nutrition security and build the livelihood resilience of huseholds in the Sudan26/10/2015
- Emergency animal health support for small scale livestock holders affected by the floods in Bosnia and Herzegovina26/10/2015
- Appui à la production alimentaire d'urgence en faveur de 4 000 ménages en République démocratique du Congo26/10/2015
- Construction of post-harvest storage facilities in northern Uganda20/10/2015
- Support for the recovery of agriculture-based livelihoods of vulnerable farmers affected by 2012 floods in Pakistan20/10/2015
Connect with us
Protection, reintegration and resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Somalia
Protection, reintegration and resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs)
To improve human security and living standards as well as provide durable solutions for reintegration and resettlement of IDPs and returnees in Somalia, with a particular focus on IDPs currently in Bossaso.
Danish Refugee Council
2 750 vulnerable households.
- Construction of 200 toilet facilities in 12 IDP settlement camps.
- Training for 250 IDPs in vocational skills to promote income-generating activities.
- Training for 249 IDPs in microenterprise business skills
- Provision of grant materials for small-scale, start-up businesses.
- Safe access and better health and living conditions in 12 IDP settlements, serving a total of 2 500 IDPs.
- Reduced cases of violence against women and girls with the establishment of toilet facilities in close proximity to shelters.
- Reduced vulnerability at the household level through the provision of trade and business skills training, thus improving opportunities for self employment.