Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Post Ebola livelihood recovery through women association food and income security empowerment24/02/2017
- Jeunesse au travail: réduction de la pauvreté rurale21/02/2017
- Jubbaland and Galmadug fishermen and fleet registration15/02/2017
- Provision of time-critical livelihood-saving support in drought-affected areas of Puntland15/02/2017
- Strengthening local resilience to food insecurity to develop a national early warning system for vulnerable rural families in Bolivia08/02/2017
Connect with us
Protection, reintegration and resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Somalia
Protection, reintegration and resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs)
To improve human security and living standards as well as provide durable solutions for reintegration and resettlement of IDPs and returnees in Somalia, with a particular focus on IDPs currently in Bossaso.
Danish Refugee Council
2 750 vulnerable households.
- Construction of 200 toilet facilities in 12 IDP settlement camps.
- Training for 250 IDPs in vocational skills to promote income-generating activities.
- Training for 249 IDPs in microenterprise business skills
- Provision of grant materials for small-scale, start-up businesses.
- Safe access and better health and living conditions in 12 IDP settlements, serving a total of 2 500 IDPs.
- Reduced cases of violence against women and girls with the establishment of toilet facilities in close proximity to shelters.
- Reduced vulnerability at the household level through the provision of trade and business skills training, thus improving opportunities for self employment.