Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Restoring food security of newly displaced persons, returnees and vulnerable host communities in Darfur27/07/2016
- FAO El Niño Response Plan – El Niño early warning and preparedness 2015/1626/07/2016
- Improving hatchery and parent flock management practices in Viet Nam26/07/2016
- Strengthening the role of conservation agriculture in food security disaster risk reduction in Southern Africa19/07/2016
- Restoring the local economy of Kungu, in support of the peace and reconciliation process13/07/2016
Connect with us
Protection, reintegration and resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs) in Somalia
Protection, reintegration and resettlement of internally displaced persons (IDPs)
To improve human security and living standards as well as provide durable solutions for reintegration and resettlement of IDPs and returnees in Somalia, with a particular focus on IDPs currently in Bossaso.
Danish Refugee Council
2 750 vulnerable households.
- Construction of 200 toilet facilities in 12 IDP settlement camps.
- Training for 250 IDPs in vocational skills to promote income-generating activities.
- Training for 249 IDPs in microenterprise business skills
- Provision of grant materials for small-scale, start-up businesses.
- Safe access and better health and living conditions in 12 IDP settlements, serving a total of 2 500 IDPs.
- Reduced cases of violence against women and girls with the establishment of toilet facilities in close proximity to shelters.
- Reduced vulnerability at the household level through the provision of trade and business skills training, thus improving opportunities for self employment.