Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Nutrition Material development for Agriculture Workers in Ethiopia26/08/2015
- Strengthening institutional capacity for and improving intersectoral collaboration, coordination, and communication for effective prevention and control of rabies in Viet Nam24/08/2015
- Strengthening wildlife farming biosecurity and management in Viet Nam24/08/2015
- Assistance d’urgence pour la protection du bétail touché par la crise au Waziristan du Nord par l’approvisionnement en fournitures vétérinaires et fourrages primordiaux 18/08/2015
- Effective, timely and strategic Food Security and Agriculture Cluster (FSAC) coordination solutions to food insecurity in Afghanistan18/08/2015
Connect with us
Emergency support to reintergration of returnees, IDPs host communities in Sudan
Emergency support to reintergration of returnees, IDPs host communities in Abyei region
To facilitate the re-integration of returnees; enable returnees, IDPs and vulnerable host communities to sustain and improve their livelihoods as well as their level of household food security; and decrease their dependence on food aid.
Secretariat of Agriculture & Animal Resources, Abyei Community Action for Development, Department of Animal Wealth (Abyei), National Organization for Development and War Affected Rehabilitation and Development in Sudan.
10 270 vulnerable households
- Distributed 14.7 tonnes crop seed and 7 085 hand tools of various types to 2 380 households.
- Provided 134 403 vaccines to community animal health workers (CAWHs) who administered them to 75 000 livestock (cattle and goats).
- Purchased 150 goats from local breeders and distributed them to 50 returnee households.
- Facilitated training of 90 CAHWs to bolster veterinary services in the livestock-dependent communities of Abyei.
- Enabled vulnerable households to cultivate approximately 1.93 feddans (0.81 hectares) of land.
- Provided beneficiaries with an estimated 213.23 kg of food grains for 4.8 months.
- Enabled CAHWs to check on 400 to 500 cases a year and sustain them through income generated from their work.
- Improved overall food security of the project area and assisted the beneficiaries in becoming less dependent on food aid.