Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Projet pilote de protection et de restauration durable des moyens productifs des éleveurs et maraîchers du Sila, par la structuration, l’amélioration de la santé animale et l’association agriculture-élevage25/03/2016
- Rétablissement d'urgence de la capacité d'auto-prise en charge des populations déplacées du Mali25/03/2016
- Strengthening the food security coordination and building the resilience of agropastoral communities in Chad23/03/2016
- Assistance through FAO for the control of rabies in Indonesia23/03/2016
- Assistance to strengthen emergency preparedness for highly pathogenic avian influenza in India22/03/2016
Connect with us
Emergency support to reintergration of returnees, IDPs host communities in Sudan
Emergency support to reintergration of returnees, IDPs host communities in Abyei region
To facilitate the re-integration of returnees; enable returnees, IDPs and vulnerable host communities to sustain and improve their livelihoods as well as their level of household food security; and decrease their dependence on food aid.
Secretariat of Agriculture & Animal Resources, Abyei Community Action for Development, Department of Animal Wealth (Abyei), National Organization for Development and War Affected Rehabilitation and Development in Sudan.
10 270 vulnerable households
- Distributed 14.7 tonnes crop seed and 7 085 hand tools of various types to 2 380 households.
- Provided 134 403 vaccines to community animal health workers (CAWHs) who administered them to 75 000 livestock (cattle and goats).
- Purchased 150 goats from local breeders and distributed them to 50 returnee households.
- Facilitated training of 90 CAHWs to bolster veterinary services in the livestock-dependent communities of Abyei.
- Enabled vulnerable households to cultivate approximately 1.93 feddans (0.81 hectares) of land.
- Provided beneficiaries with an estimated 213.23 kg of food grains for 4.8 months.
- Enabled CAHWs to check on 400 to 500 cases a year and sustain them through income generated from their work.
- Improved overall food security of the project area and assisted the beneficiaries in becoming less dependent on food aid.