Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Improve coordination and food security and nutrition for better resilience of vulnerable households in the Niger30/09/2015
- Restore food and nutrition security and build resilience of vulnerable households in Sudan30/09/2015
- Préparation et renforcement des moyens d'existence des ménages vulnérables face aux risques de catastrophes au Niger, Sénégal et Tchad29/09/2015
- Renforcement de la production alimentaire d’urgence de 3 600 ménages d’enfants malnutris en République démocratique du Congo22/09/2015
- Emergency support to promote food security and early recovery to small-scale farmers in the Philippines16/09/2015
Connect with us
Emergency support to reintergration of returnees, IDPs host communities in Sudan
Emergency support to reintergration of returnees, IDPs host communities in Abyei region
To facilitate the re-integration of returnees; enable returnees, IDPs and vulnerable host communities to sustain and improve their livelihoods as well as their level of household food security; and decrease their dependence on food aid.
Secretariat of Agriculture & Animal Resources, Abyei Community Action for Development, Department of Animal Wealth (Abyei), National Organization for Development and War Affected Rehabilitation and Development in Sudan.
10 270 vulnerable households
- Distributed 14.7 tonnes crop seed and 7 085 hand tools of various types to 2 380 households.
- Provided 134 403 vaccines to community animal health workers (CAWHs) who administered them to 75 000 livestock (cattle and goats).
- Purchased 150 goats from local breeders and distributed them to 50 returnee households.
- Facilitated training of 90 CAHWs to bolster veterinary services in the livestock-dependent communities of Abyei.
- Enabled vulnerable households to cultivate approximately 1.93 feddans (0.81 hectares) of land.
- Provided beneficiaries with an estimated 213.23 kg of food grains for 4.8 months.
- Enabled CAHWs to check on 400 to 500 cases a year and sustain them through income generated from their work.
- Improved overall food security of the project area and assisted the beneficiaries in becoming less dependent on food aid.