Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- FAO Resilience Programme in Somalia30/05/2016
- FAO technical support to the COMESA-EAC-SADC Programme on Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation in the Eastern and Southern Africa Region18/05/2016
- Emergency livelihood support to crisis-affected populations in South Sudan13/05/2016
- Assistance d’urgence en santé animale aux petits éleveurs touchés par les inondations en Serbie13/05/2016
- Appui agricole en faveur des ménages affectés par la malnutrition et l'insécurité alimentaire en République Démocratique du Congo13/05/2016
Connect with us
Emergency Agricultural Response to Typhoon Affected Farmers in the Lao People's Democratic Republic
Emergency Agricultural Response to Typhoon Ketsana Affected Farmers
Saravane, Champassack, Salavan, Xekong and Attapeu provinces.
To to contribute to the food security of the rural families in flood-affected areas of the five southern provinces in the Lao PDR.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Department of Agriculture, District Agriculture and Forestry Offices and the National Disaster Management Office.
13 534 households.
- Distributed 165 tonnes of improved rice seeds to 7 967 households
- Distributed 27 835 agricultural hand tool packages consisting of hoes with handle, shovels with handle, machetes, sickles and watering cans to 5 567 vulnerable households.
- As a result of the inputs distributed under the project, it is expected that the beneficiaries will be able to cultivate 2 500 hectares of land, yielding an estimated 9 400 tonnes of rice.