Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Regional initiative in support of vulnerable pastoralists and agropastoralists in the Horn of Africa31/03/2015
- Strengthening the FSL Cluster for food and nutrition security in South Sudan24/03/2015
- Strengthening food security coordination for livelihood response and improving food and nutrition security response in South Sudan23/03/2015
- Improving food and nutrition security through increasing access to crop production inputs, technology and services19/03/2015
- Emergency support to improve food security conditions of vulnerable internally displaced households in the Syrian Arab Republic12/03/2015
Connect with us
Emergency Agricultural Response to Typhoon Affected Farmers in the Lao People's Democratic Republic
Emergency Agricultural Response to Typhoon Ketsana Affected Farmers
Saravane, Champassack, Salavan, Xekong and Attapeu provinces.
To to contribute to the food security of the rural families in flood-affected areas of the five southern provinces in the Lao PDR.
The Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Department of Agriculture, District Agriculture and Forestry Offices and the National Disaster Management Office.
13 534 households.
- Distributed 165 tonnes of improved rice seeds to 7 967 households
- Distributed 27 835 agricultural hand tool packages consisting of hoes with handle, shovels with handle, machetes, sickles and watering cans to 5 567 vulnerable households.
- As a result of the inputs distributed under the project, it is expected that the beneficiaries will be able to cultivate 2 500 hectares of land, yielding an estimated 9 400 tonnes of rice.