Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency recovery support to restart livelihoods, income generation and food self-sufficiency and to build the resilience of small-scale rice- and corn-based farming communities in Leyte province of Region VIII severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan23/07/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience des populations vulnérables au Niger22/07/2015
- Agricultural assistance to populations affected by the floods in the prefectures of Dinguiraye, Kankan, Kindia, Siguiri and Tougué16/07/2015
- Intervention d’urgence pour protéger les moyens d’existence vitaux et la sécurité alimentaire des familles d’éleveurs pauvres touchés par la crise et la sécheresse en République arabe syrienne16/07/2015
- Restoring food security and improving income generation through the promotion of livestock and crop production in Central African Republic14/07/2015
Connect with us
Avian and Human Influenza Control and Preparedness Emergency Project
Avian and Human Influenza Control and Preparedness Emergency Project (AHICPEP) – Component A
To minimize the level of infection of H5N1 Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI) viruses in Cambodia.
Department of Animal Health and Production (DAPH) of the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries and the National Committee for Disaster Management (NCDM).
Animal health officers at the central and village levels, as well as poultry sector stakeholders, the general population in Cambodia and neighbouring countries.
- Carried out field missions to support DAPH in finalizing animal health and production legislation.
- Developed extensive training tools for village animal health workers and DAPH offices.
- Provided technical and logistical expertise to the National Veterinary Research Institute and DAHP, in support of HPAI investigation and veterinary measures.
- Conducted a poultry value chain analysis for the Phnom Penh market.
- Developed an innovative approach across 15 villages through the implementation of the Healthy Livestock, Healthy Village, Better Life programme, in close collaboration with the World Bank.
- Carried out workshops with provincial DAPH chiefs, district veterinarians and NCDM on the review and implementation of AHICPEP and Healthy Livestock, Healthy Village, Better Life activities; HPAI awareness; and participatory data collection methods best suited for community/village level animal health interventions.
- Analysed the findings of knowledge, attitude and practice surveys conducted under the project to review the experiences and recommendations of communities that have been directly affected by HPAI.
- Strengthened the capacity of veterinary services, including private sector village animal health workers.
- Enhanced HPAI surveillance and response.
- Reduced risk and spread of HPAI outbreaks.