Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Soutien à l'autosuffisance alimentaire en appui au RRMP et renforcement des disponibilités locales de semences
- Amélioration de la sécurité alimentaire de 4 600 ménages affectés par la malnutrition et l'insécurité alimentaire
- Strengthening Institutions for Risk Management of Transboundary Animal Diseases in the Southern African Development Community Region
- Provision of essential agricultural inputs for returning war-affected internally displaced persons in the north of Sri Lanka
Connect with us
Developing and maintaining public-private partnerships for the prevention and control of H5N1
Developing and maintaining public-private partnerships for the prevention and control of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N1
Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Nepal and Viet Nam.
To strengthen and maintain public-private partnerships to support poultry health and production systems in countries worse affected by Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI).
Government officials and staff, poultry producers, market workers and animal health service actors.
- Prepared national guidelines and standard operating procedures for farm biosecurity and along marketing chains in all project countries.
- Developed project concepts, communication strategies, work plans and detailed action plans in HPAI-affected areas.
- Trained veterinary inspectors and farm managers on biosecurity improvement and hatchery standards in all project countries.
- Procured cleaning and disinfectant material and equipment in Cambodia.
- Assessed two live bird markets and three collection yards in order to reduce the risk of virus circulation in Nepal.
- Developed a hatchery biosecurity audit checklist and plan, and tested them in Vietnam in two traditional hatcheries.
- Conducted provincial and national workshops on hatchery models and hatchery strengthening programmes in Vietnam, as well as produced a trainers guide on improved hatchery hygiene.
- Conducted a market survey and collected questionnaires on vendors’ trading practices in China, and established a vehicle cleaning and disinfectant station.
- Strengthened capacity of the public veterinary services to lead the development and management of the animal health system to prevent, detect and control HPAI.
- Improved biosecurity in live bird markets in the project localities.
- Closer collaboration between the public and private sectors improved prevention efforts and response time to crises and helped mitigate market shocks.
- Substantial improvements in biosecurity were made in 24 LBMs in the country, which now serve as models.