Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Strengthening national capacity to prevent and control to emerging and re-emerging pandemic threats including influenza A in Bangladesh12/01/2017
- Appui à la réinsertion des retournés de République Centrafricaine (RCA) et soutien aux communautés hôtes au Tchad-VOLET FAO 23/12/2016
- Protection d’urgence des ressources d’élevage des éleveurs et des agropasteurs affectés par les impacts du phénomène El Niño en Éthiopie22/12/2016
- Resuming agriculture and income opportunities for communities affected by the CAR crisis22/11/2016
- Emergency agricultural input support to vulnerable farmers affected by the crisis in Syria22/11/2016
Connect with us
Developing and maintaining public-private partnerships for the prevention and control of H5N1
Developing and maintaining public-private partnerships for the prevention and control of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza H5N1
Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Myanmar, Nepal and Viet Nam.
To strengthen and maintain public-private partnerships to support poultry health and production systems in countries worse affected by Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza (HPAI).
Government officials and staff, poultry producers, market workers and animal health service actors.
- Prepared national guidelines and standard operating procedures for farm biosecurity and along marketing chains in all project countries.
- Developed project concepts, communication strategies, work plans and detailed action plans in HPAI-affected areas.
- Trained veterinary inspectors and farm managers on biosecurity improvement and hatchery standards in all project countries.
- Procured cleaning and disinfectant material and equipment in Cambodia.
- Assessed two live bird markets and three collection yards in order to reduce the risk of virus circulation in Nepal.
- Developed a hatchery biosecurity audit checklist and plan, and tested them in Vietnam in two traditional hatcheries.
- Conducted provincial and national workshops on hatchery models and hatchery strengthening programmes in Vietnam, as well as produced a trainers guide on improved hatchery hygiene.
- Conducted a market survey and collected questionnaires on vendors’ trading practices in China, and established a vehicle cleaning and disinfectant station.
- Strengthened capacity of the public veterinary services to lead the development and management of the animal health system to prevent, detect and control HPAI.
- Improved biosecurity in live bird markets in the project localities.
- Closer collaboration between the public and private sectors improved prevention efforts and response time to crises and helped mitigate market shocks.
- Substantial improvements in biosecurity were made in 24 LBMs in the country, which now serve as models.