Search project highlights
Latest Project Highlights
- Emergency recovery support to restart livelihoods, income generation and food self-sufficiency and to build the resilience of small-scale rice- and corn-based farming communities in Leyte province of Region VIII severely affected by Typhoon Haiyan23/07/2015
- Renforcement de la Résilience des populations vulnérables au Niger22/07/2015
- Agricultural assistance to populations affected by the floods in the prefectures of Dinguiraye, Kankan, Kindia, Siguiri and Tougué16/07/2015
- Intervention d’urgence pour protéger les moyens d’existence vitaux et la sécurité alimentaire des familles d’éleveurs pauvres touchés par la crise et la sécheresse en République arabe syrienne16/07/2015
- Restoring food security and improving income generation through the promotion of livestock and crop production in Central African Republic14/07/2015
Connect with us
Urgent assistance to improve the food security situation of households affected by the 2011 food crisis in the Niger
Urgent assistance to improve the food security situation of households affected by the 2011 food crisis
To contribute to the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations in agropastoral areas of the Niger through the increased production of vegetables and cereals.
Ministry of Agriculture, in partnership with the regional Departments of Agriculture and non-Governmental organizations.
77 600 vulnerable families (about 22 600 more than expected).
- Purchased and distributed 418 tonnes of dry seeds (millet, sorghum and cowpea).
- Purchased and distributed 1 335 kg of vegetable seeds.
- Purchased and distributed 122 tonnes of potato seed.
- Planted 38 400 ha of rainfed crops (millet, sorghum and cowpea), 895 ha of vegetable crops and 122 ha of potatoes.
- Produced a total of 26 500 tonnes of rainfed crops, 4 360 tonnes of potatoes and 32 809 tonnes of fresh vegetables.
- Reduced the food insecurity of poor and very poor households by providing them with enough food for up to four months.
- Increased household income through the revenue generated by the sale of vegetable production, estimated at USD 176 per household.