- 13/03/2014 - Conservation agriculture systems utilize soils for the production of crops with the aim of reducing excessive mixing of the soil and maintaining crop residues on the soil surface in order ...read more
- 06/03/2014 - Following the outbreak of the conflict, the Integrated Phase Classification undertaken by the Food Security and Livelihood Cluster indicated up to 7 million people in South Sudan are estimated to ...read more
- 13/02/2014 - Adapting our farming system to ensure a sustainable future
We must protect the envireonment that feeds us. We must protect our families. While we have produced food crops through conventional tillage ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - FAO in emergencies' infographic uses the latest information gathered by FAO, as well as OCHA and the Government of the Philippines on the impact of Typhoon Haiyan. Find data on ...read more
- 08/06/2013 - FAO seeks USD 30.1 million, within the framework of the Regional Response Plan 5, to address critical needs in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey resulting from the crisis in Syria.
Prevent ...read more
- 07/06/2013 - To provide urgent support to Syria, FAO seeks USD 41.7 million within the Revised 2013 Syria Humanitarian Assistance Response Plan (SHARP).
Top five priorities for Syria:
Support to 2013 wheat planting – ...read more
- 05/06/2013 - FAO Office for West Bank and Gaza Strip and the Animal Production and Health Division joined efforts for the organization of two 3-day Training courses on Livestock Emergency Guidelines and ...read more
- 27/05/2013 - In recent years, floods, landslides, droughts and hurricanes have crippled agricultural production in the Caribbean, where agriculture is the main livelihood activity for a significant number of people. To strengthen ...read more
- 26/10/2012 - The management of livestock diseases is of critical importance if Kenya is going to combat rising levels of poverty in its arid lands and capitalize on its huge livestock resource. ...read more
- 17/07/2012 - The infographics below highlight FAO’s assistance to agriculture-dependent families across Pakistan in response to the massive 2010 floods, the 2011 floods which severely hit the south and the ongoing complex ...read more