- 17/10/2014 - The Ministry of Agriculture, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) have initiated on 14 October 2014 a rapid assessment of ...read more
- 25/06/2013 - Support to farmers for food production, nutrition and income-generation opportunities is swiftly underway in Nimba, Grand Gedeh, and Maryland Counties in Liberia. Funded by the UN Central Emergency Response Fund ...read more
- 24/06/2013 - Two years ago, the world reached a milestone: FAO declared the world free from rinderpest on 28 June 2011. Rinderpest is a highly contagious animal disease also known as cattle ...read more
- 17/06/2013 - Alarming statistics show that 725 000 Basotho are considered to be food insecure after the poor harvest recorded in 2012. This represents a staggering 39% of the total population of ...read more
- 15/06/2013 - The European Union (EU) will continue to build long-term resilience among the most vulnerable, tackle the root causes of hunger and poverty and improve nutrition, said José Manuel Barroso, addressing ...read more
- 12/06/2013 - FAO is calling for countries in the global ‘wheat belt’ to step up monitoring and prevention for wheat rusts – fungal diseases that do especially well in particularly wet seasons. ...read more
- 11/06/2013 - After adopting conservation agriculture technology, ‘Me Maphoka is ready to harvest the fruits of her success. The weather in Ha Khojane, Mahobong in the district of Leribe in Lesotho is ...read more
- 10/06/2013 - The Syria conflict has a severe impact the lives and livelihoods of neighboring farmers communities in rural neighbouring Lebanon. Resources are scarce and competition is high. FAO livestock expert, Dr ...read more
- 08/06/2013 - FAO seeks USD 30.1 million, within the framework of the Regional Response Plan 5, to address critical needs in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey resulting from the crisis in Syria.
Prevent ...read more
- 07/06/2013 - To provide urgent support to Syria, FAO seeks USD 41.7 million within the Revised 2013 Syria Humanitarian Assistance Response Plan (SHARP).
Top five priorities for Syria:
Support to 2013 wheat planting – ...read more