- 15/09/2014 - Norway has donated approximately $10 million to help FAO provide conflict-affected farmers, fishers and herders in South Sudan with critical livelihood support.
Norway’s gift will allow FAO to distribute emergency livelihood kits – including crop seeds, ...read more
- 23/04/2013 - FAO’s project, titled “Apoyo de emergencia para la Seguridad Alimentaria y nutricional de personas afectadas por la violencia en el Departamento de Putumayo” was funded by the United Nations Central ...read more
- 15/04/2013 - The European Commission Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Department (ECHO)-funded project, entitled “Emergency food security assistance for Ivorian refugees and affected host communities in Liberia”, is being implemented in Nimba, ...read more
- 05/04/2013 - Responding to the occurrence of the A(H7N9) influenza virus in China requires strong biosecurity measures, FAO said today. Unlike other influenza strains, including highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, this new ...read more
- 26/03/2013 - Madagascar needs more than $22 million of emergency funding by June to start fighting a severe locust plague that threatens the country's next cropping seasons and the food security of ...read more
- 08/03/2013 - Droughts cause the deaths and displacement of more people than cyclones, floods and earthquakes combined, making them the world’s most destructive natural hazard. Yet while droughts are expected to increase ...read more
- 05/03/2013 - During a high level visit to Malawi, EU Development Commissioner, Andris Piebalgs, and José Graziano da Silva, Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), met today ...read more