- 28/01/2015 - Farmers in southern Malawi urgently need seeds and livestock after intense flooding destroyed their fields and homes, washing away animals and crops and threatening local food security.
More than 170,000 people ...read more
- 27/11/2013 - Additional $11 million needed to support typhoon-affected farmers to clear land, clean canals and ensure harvests for 2014 - Immediate assistance from the international community for Philippine farmers is critical to avoid ...read more
- 19/11/2013 - Regions most severely affected by the typhoon account for one-third of the total rice production in the country - Hundreds of thousands of farmers in the Philippines whose crops were destroyed by Typhoon Haiyan need ...read more
- 12/11/2013 - Shortly after the devastating cyclone hit parts of northern Somalia, the extent of its impact is beginning to emerge with about 100 people feared dead and tens of thousands of ...read more
- 12/11/2013 - Livelihoods and food security at risk – FAO calls for $24 million for immediate interventions
FAO is mobilizing support to the Philippines in the wake of Typhoon Haiyan, which tore through ...read more
- 07/11/2013 - Animal health services collapsed in Syria in June 2012. Livestock keepers fleeing the conflict in Syria are entering Lebanon with large numbers of unvaccinated sheep, goats and dairy cattle. Yusef ...read more
- 05/11/2013 - José Graziano da Silva’s visit to Benin includes launch of FAO programme to help communities rebuild after floods - FAO is supporting farming families in northern Benin who lost crops, ...read more
- 31/10/2013 - Agricultural potential waiting to be unlocked – greater attention and investment needed - Sound water management holds the key to building resilience in Africa's Sahel and can free rural communities ...read more
- 31/10/2013 - In a bid to continue guiding decision-making using life-saving food security information on Somalia, the European Commission (EC) has boosted the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) with € 4-million ...read more
- 29/10/2013 - Right blend of policies and support to region’s pastoralists can prevent future crises
The time has come to break the "vicious circle" of crises in Africa's Sahel by proactively building up ...read more
- 21/10/2013 - British development agency donates £10 million for humanitarian projects - The United Kingdom Department for International Development (DFID) is donating £10 million to FAO humanitarian projects in Syria and Lebanon.
Part ...read more