- 25/03/2015 - Jeffery Manwean lives in Sehyikimpa in Nimba County, Liberia. He lost eight members of his family and was unable to harvest his crops because of Ebola. “My second daughter visited ...read more
- 05/02/2014 - FAO today warned of a major food security and nutrition crisis in South Sudan, where some 3.7 million people are now facing acute or emergency levels of food insecurity. The ...read more
- 03/02/2014 - The United Nations and humanitarian partners launched a three-year Regional Strategic Response Plan to provide aid to millions of people in nine countries in Africa's Sahel region. The plan seeks ...read more
- 31/01/2014 - Local chiefs in Nimba and Maryland Counties are expressing delight over the quality of agricultural inputs and level of technical support provided them by the Food and Agriculture Organization of ...read more
- 30/01/2014 - During a visit to an FAO project near Tacloban, Joe Hayes, the non-resident Irish Ambassador to the Philippines applauded the resilience of the farmers and fishers whose lives and livelihoods were devastated ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - FAO in emergencies' infographic uses the latest information gathered by FAO, as well as OCHA and the Government of the Philippines on the impact of Typhoon Haiyan. Find data on ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - Coconut farmers in the Philippines are in urgent need of assistance to recover their livelihoods nearly three months after Typhoon Haiyan tore through the country, FAO warned today.
The typhoon flattened millions of ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - While travelling through Upper Andágueda Indian Reservation in the Municipality of Bagadó in Choco - Colombia, it’s easy to realize that everything is different here. Instead of large paved roads, ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - New Zealand’s Ambassador to the Philippines, Reuben Levermore, has lauded FAO’s support to displaced farming communities in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) in the Southern Philippines.
With funding from ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - As the Government of Tonga focuses on meeting immediate needs such as shelter, water and sanitation for people affected by the recent category 5 Tropical Cyclone Ian in the islands ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - Several women farmers in Nimba, Grand Gedeh, and Maryland Counties in Liberia say they are happy with the breed of high-yielding, short-cycled, disease-resistant, and tasty rice variety which they love ...read more