- 11/03/2014 - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today witnessed the positive results of FAO's Typhoon Haiyan response programme and committed FAO to supporting the recovery of fishing and farming livelihoods in ...read more
- 07/02/2014 - FAO Lesotho and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MAFS) started the Emergency and Resilience Programme (ERP) in 2012, reaching by 2013 up to 18 500 vulnerable farming households ...read more
- 05/02/2014 - Successive seasons of near to above average rainfall in most parts of Somalia, low food prices and continued humanitarian response have brought down the number of people requiring urgent, ...read more
- 05/02/2014 - FAO today warned of a major food security and nutrition crisis in South Sudan, where some 3.7 million people are now facing acute or emergency levels of food insecurity. The ...read more
- 03/02/2014 - The United Nations and humanitarian partners launched a three-year Regional Strategic Response Plan to provide aid to millions of people in nine countries in Africa's Sahel region. The plan seeks ...read more
- 31/01/2014 - Local chiefs in Nimba and Maryland Counties are expressing delight over the quality of agricultural inputs and level of technical support provided them by the Food and Agriculture Organization of ...read more
- 30/01/2014 - During a visit to an FAO project near Tacloban, Joe Hayes, the non-resident Irish Ambassador to the Philippines applauded the resilience of the farmers and fishers whose lives and livelihoods were devastated ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - FAO in emergencies' infographic uses the latest information gathered by FAO, as well as OCHA and the Government of the Philippines on the impact of Typhoon Haiyan. Find data on ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - Coconut farmers in the Philippines are in urgent need of assistance to recover their livelihoods nearly three months after Typhoon Haiyan tore through the country, FAO warned today.
The typhoon flattened millions of ...read more
- 27/01/2014 - While travelling through Upper Andágueda Indian Reservation in the Municipality of Bagadó in Choco - Colombia, it’s easy to realize that everything is different here. Instead of large paved roads, ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - New Zealand’s Ambassador to the Philippines, Reuben Levermore, has lauded FAO’s support to displaced farming communities in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) in the Southern Philippines.
With funding from ...read more