- 04/12/2013 - Following the passage of super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, extensive damage to agriculture and rural livelihoods were reported. During the 16 and 17 November, an FAO Team was sent on a Fact Finding ...read more
- 25/05/2011 - The national Delegates of Members of the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) declared today that rinderpest, one of the deadliest diseases of cattle and of several other animal species, ...read more
- 21/04/2011 - Eliminating the highly pathogenic H5N1 avian influenza virus from poultry in the six countries where it remains endemic will take ten or more years, according to a new FAO report.
The ...read more
- 18/04/2011 - As a delicate peace takes hold in Côte d’Ivoire following months of severe political violence, the race is on to save the upcoming rice and maize planting season that begins ...read more
- 15/04/2011 - The United Nations food agencies — FAO and the World Food Programme (WFP) — have launched a food security platform to improve the coordination of food security responses in humanitarian crises.
The ...read more
- 08/03/2011 - In response to the current rise in food prices, FAO will, in partnership with stakeholders, run a series of seminars in Africa, Asia and the Pacific, Central Asia, Europe, Latin ...read more
- 07/03/2011 - If women in rural areas had the same access to land, technology, financial services, education and markets as men, agricultural production could be increased and the number of hungry people ...read more
- 11/01/2011 - One year later, the reverberations of Haiti's devastating earthquake continue to be felt in rural areas, further compounded by the ongoing cholera outbreak and the flooding and landslides triggered by ...read more