- 07/10/2012 - How a woman in rural Kenya is reaping the benefits of growing tomatoes using innovative irrigation technology
Mrs. Mutisya keenly studies the leaves of her newly transplanted tomato crop. She has ...read more
- 24/09/2012 - Urban aquaponic systems have proven to be successful in providing an environmentally sustainable solution to ensure food and nutrition security and to protect the livelihoods of the most vulnerable.
In the ...read more
- 17/09/2012 - Asian Football clubs to raise funds for FAO-led projects - The "Asian Football against Hunger" campaign is returning to stadiums across the continent for the Asian Football Confederation's (AFC's) Champions ...read more
- 13/09/2012 - EBRD and FAO call on agribusiness to step up investment from the Black Sea to the Mediterranean - The fight against hunger can only be won in partnership between governments, ...read more
- 12/09/2012 - Heavy rainfall, long withering droughts and other natural shocks and disasters – all signs of increased climate change – have made it almost impossible for vulnerable people to cope. In ...read more
- 10/09/2012 - FAO publication says targeted policies and capacity building crucial - A new FAO publication says carefully tailored policy and institutional changes can help to unlock the livestock sector's poverty reduction ...read more
- 04/09/2012 - Following is a joint statement on international food prices from the three Rome-based UN Agencies, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural ...read more
- 27/08/2012 - A UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) staff member has been killed in an attack by an armed group in Southern Somalia, the hunger-fighting agency announced.
"Our deepest condolences go out ...read more
- 27/08/2012 - Drought in some parts of the world has hurt global grain production and contributed to food price spikes virtually every other year since 2007, highlighting the need to transform the ...read more