- 29/01/2015 - Despite improved food security following the Deyr harvest, improved livestock conditions, and mostly stable staple food prices, a large number of people across Somalia will be acutely food insecure through ...read more
- 17/06/2013 - Alarming statistics show that 725 000 Basotho are considered to be food insecure after the poor harvest recorded in 2012. This represents a staggering 39% of the total population of ...read more
- 15/06/2013 - The European Union (EU) will continue to build long-term resilience among the most vulnerable, tackle the root causes of hunger and poverty and improve nutrition, said José Manuel Barroso, addressing ...read more
- 12/06/2013 - FAO is calling for countries in the global ‘wheat belt’ to step up monitoring and prevention for wheat rusts – fungal diseases that do especially well in particularly wet seasons. ...read more
- 11/06/2013 - After adopting conservation agriculture technology, ‘Me Maphoka is ready to harvest the fruits of her success. The weather in Ha Khojane, Mahobong in the district of Leribe in Lesotho is ...read more
- 10/06/2013 - The Syria conflict has a severe impact the lives and livelihoods of neighboring farmers communities in rural neighbouring Lebanon. Resources are scarce and competition is high. FAO livestock expert, Dr ...read more
- 08/06/2013 - FAO seeks USD 30.1 million, within the framework of the Regional Response Plan 5, to address critical needs in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey resulting from the crisis in Syria.
Prevent ...read more
- 07/06/2013 - To provide urgent support to Syria, FAO seeks USD 41.7 million within the Revised 2013 Syria Humanitarian Assistance Response Plan (SHARP).
Top five priorities for Syria:
Support to 2013 wheat planting – ...read more
- 06/06/2013 - Italy has announced it will contribute an additional €6 million to support FAO's strategic priorities including €1 million towards the Organization's emergency programme. The announcement came at the end of ...read more
- 05/06/2013 - FAO Office for West Bank and Gaza Strip and the Animal Production and Health Division joined efforts for the organization of two 3-day Training courses on Livestock Emergency Guidelines and ...read more
- 04/06/2013 - FAO has joined the call for urgent action to prevent the spread of Cassava Brown Streak Disease (CBSD) and Cassava Mosaic Disease (CMD) in Africa. The two diseases, both transmitted ...read more