- 23/06/2016 - Massive population displacements and insecurity in the Lake Chad basin are putting livelihoods and food security at high risk. In North East Nigeria alone, the impact of the conflict on ...read more
- 22/01/2015 - Farmers and managers of Agri-Business Centres (ABCs) in Sierra Leone identify quarantine measures, bans on group activities and the closure of periodic markets as major causes of disruption of farming ...read more
- 21/01/2015 - In Madagascar, the battle against an ongoing plague of locusts risks being lost as funds to continue operations to subdue widespread infestations of the crop-hungry insects run out, posing a ...read more
- 09/01/2015 - Recently, farmers in Lesotho have been consistently obtaining low yields from their staple crops. This has affected food production as well as considerably reducing incomes.
The causes of these low crop ...read more
- 01/01/2015 - As South Sudan’s livestock owners have fled the ongoing conflict, millions of animals have been displaced, leading to fresh outbreaks of disease and rising tensions between pastoral groups and farmers, ...read more
- 22/12/2014 - Ten years after the world’s worst natural disaster in living memory roared across the shorelines of South and Southeast Asia, countries are better prepared to deal with tragedies like the ...read more
- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more