- 31/10/2014 - After a poor rainy season, parts of southern Somalia are now being hit by severe bouts of floods, further aggravating the already alarming food security situation in the Horn of ...read more
- 12/09/2012 - Heavy rainfall, long withering droughts and other natural shocks and disasters – all signs of increased climate change – have made it almost impossible for vulnerable people to cope. In ...read more
- 10/09/2012 - FAO publication says targeted policies and capacity building crucial - A new FAO publication says carefully tailored policy and institutional changes can help to unlock the livestock sector's poverty reduction ...read more
- 04/09/2012 - Following is a joint statement on international food prices from the three Rome-based UN Agencies, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the International Fund for Agricultural ...read more
- 27/08/2012 - A UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) staff member has been killed in an attack by an armed group in Southern Somalia, the hunger-fighting agency announced.
"Our deepest condolences go out ...read more
- 27/08/2012 - Drought in some parts of the world has hurt global grain production and contributed to food price spikes virtually every other year since 2007, highlighting the need to transform the ...read more
- 20/08/2012 - FAO assistance in Africa's Sahel region, struck by droughts in four of the past five years, is aimed at helping vulnerable people get through the current lean season and give ...read more
- 02/08/2012 - Close to three million people are in need of food, crops and livestock assistance, according to a recent assessment carried out by the United Nations and the Syrian government.
Of this ...read more
- 30/07/2012 - Calls for partnership in essential areas of policy research and social inclusion - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva challenged academics to get involved in essential and politically important research into ...read more