- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 05/04/2013 - Responding to the occurrence of the A(H7N9) influenza virus in China requires strong biosecurity measures, FAO said today. Unlike other influenza strains, including highly pathogenic avian influenza H5N1, this new ...read more
- 26/03/2013 - Madagascar needs more than $22 million of emergency funding by June to start fighting a severe locust plague that threatens the country's next cropping seasons and the food security of ...read more
- 08/03/2013 - Droughts cause the deaths and displacement of more people than cyclones, floods and earthquakes combined, making them the world’s most destructive natural hazard. Yet while droughts are expected to increase ...read more
- 05/03/2013 - During a high level visit to Malawi, EU Development Commissioner, Andris Piebalgs, and José Graziano da Silva, Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), met today ...read more
- 18/02/2013 - Impressed by the success of Paul Motseki, lead farmer of her group, Matseko Raseboko did a “U-turn” on her agricultural practices and adopted Conservation Agriculture (CA). Raseboko has been a ...read more
- 10/02/2013 - Zainab Ibrahim Abdulla is one of approximately 200,000 internally displaced Darfuris who’ve returned to their homes since early 2011. For the past 2 years she’s eked out a new start ...read more