- 24/07/2015 - In South Sudan, the current demand for cooking fuels, and access to these resources, has huge implications for the environment and people’s well-being. The environmental risks associated with fuel wood ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - New Zealand’s Ambassador to the Philippines, Reuben Levermore, has lauded FAO’s support to displaced farming communities in the Autonomous Region of Muslim Mindanao (ARMM) in the Southern Philippines.
With funding from ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - As the Government of Tonga focuses on meeting immediate needs such as shelter, water and sanitation for people affected by the recent category 5 Tropical Cyclone Ian in the islands ...read more
- 24/01/2014 - Several women farmers in Nimba, Grand Gedeh, and Maryland Counties in Liberia say they are happy with the breed of high-yielding, short-cycled, disease-resistant, and tasty rice variety which they love ...read more
- 20/01/2014 - Human infections with the influenza A (H7N9) virus are on the rise again in China and the upcoming Chinese New Year festivities provide opportunity for further spread and human exposure, ...read more
- 17/01/2014 - A new World Bank study on mobile applications for the agricultural and forest sector recognizes FAO’s expertise on mobile data collection technology for drought preparedness in Uganda. Published in December ...read more
- 16/01/2014 - Farmers in the Central African Republic, which has been immersed in violence since a coup in March 2013, urgently need more seeds and tools to avert a nationwide food crisis, ...read more
- 13/01/2014 - The recent violence in South Sudan is threatening to increase hunger and human suffering considerably, unravelling modest gains made in food security in the past two years, FAO warned.
Under the United Nations' Crisis ...read more
- 08/01/2014 - Two months after Typhoon Haiyan struck the Philippines, Norway's Minister of Foreign Affairs, Børge Brende, lauded FAO for its work in helping rice farmers replace devastated crops with new seeds.
Brende visited farmers ...read more
- 31/12/2013 - Despite security challenges in half of the prefectures, farmers in the Central African Republic are counting on the next agriculture season to restore their food production capacity to avoid risks of famine and ...read more