- 29/05/2015 - The ongoing conflict and related economic downturn in South Sudan has left 3.8 million people facing emergency and crisis levels of food insecurity, according to a new Integrated Food Security ...read more
- 08/06/2013 - FAO seeks USD 30.1 million, within the framework of the Regional Response Plan 5, to address critical needs in Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey resulting from the crisis in Syria.
Prevent ...read more
- 07/06/2013 - To provide urgent support to Syria, FAO seeks USD 41.7 million within the Revised 2013 Syria Humanitarian Assistance Response Plan (SHARP).
Top five priorities for Syria:
Support to 2013 wheat planting – ...read more
- 06/06/2013 - Italy has announced it will contribute an additional €6 million to support FAO's strategic priorities including €1 million towards the Organization's emergency programme. The announcement came at the end of ...read more
- 05/06/2013 - FAO Office for West Bank and Gaza Strip and the Animal Production and Health Division joined efforts for the organization of two 3-day Training courses on Livestock Emergency Guidelines and ...read more
- 04/06/2013 - FAO has joined the call for urgent action to prevent the spread of Cassava Brown Streak Disease (CBSD) and Cassava Mosaic Disease (CMD) in Africa. The two diseases, both transmitted ...read more
- 03/06/2013 - Around 50 representatives from participating countries and partners, including the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP), gathered in Dakar, Senegal in ...read more
- 30/05/2013 - Belgium has announced its full support of the renewed FAO Strategic Framework through direct funding to the FAO budget. Belgium will donate €9.2 million over the three-year period 2013-2015 towards ...read more
- 29/05/2013 - Eight hours from Quibdó you find Cocalito, a small village located in the Alto Baudó by the Ancozó River shore, that is inhabited by an Embera’s indigenous community. Life is ...read more
- 27/05/2013 - In recent years, floods, landslides, droughts and hurricanes have crippled agricultural production in the Caribbean, where agriculture is the main livelihood activity for a significant number of people. To strengthen ...read more
- 24/05/2013 - They say information is power; in South Sudan, information is life.
Today, FAO launched a $9 million project on information for decision making for food and nutrition security. This initiative will ...read more