- 24/05/2013 - They say information is power; in South Sudan, information is life.
Today, FAO launched a $9 million project on information for decision making for food and nutrition security. This initiative will ...read more
- 08/03/2013 - Droughts cause the deaths and displacement of more people than cyclones, floods and earthquakes combined, making them the world’s most destructive natural hazard. Yet while droughts are expected to increase ...read more
- 05/03/2013 - During a high level visit to Malawi, EU Development Commissioner, Andris Piebalgs, and José Graziano da Silva, Director-General of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), met today ...read more
- 08/02/2013 - While the number of people in need of humanitarian assistance in Somalia has halved to 1.05 million since August 2012, malnutrition rates remain among the highest in the world, according ...read more
- 08/02/2013 - The majority of households in Choma district, located in the Southern Province of Zambia, depend on rainfed, agricultural-related activities for their livelihoods. That is why when the rains start, usually ...read more
- 29/01/2013 - The world risks a repeat of the disastrous 2006 bird flu outbreaks unless surveillance and control of this and other dangerous animal diseases is strengthened globally, FAO warns.
"The continuing international ...read more
- 23/01/2013 - Twenty-two months of conflict has left Syria's agricultural sector in tatters with cereal, fruit and vegetable production dropping for some by half and massive destruction of irrigation and other infrastructure, ...read more
- 15/01/2013 - FAO and France join efforts to improve farmers’ livelihoods - A new programme in the Republic of South Sudan is helping vulnerable farmers to improve their livelihoods by boosting the ...read more
- 20/12/2012 - In a field in North Darfur, farmer Salaheldin Suleiman Hilal looks pleased. He's finished harvesting his golden sorghum crop and unlike previous years he lost none to grazing animals."In the ...read more