- 21/03/2017 - FAO is further scaling up its activities in drought affected regions of Somalia thanks to a $22 million loan approved this week by the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF), which ...read more
- 28/01/2015 - Mr Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division and Coordinator of the Organizations's resilience work, visited South Sudan from 15-20 January 2015.
[View the story "FAO Emergency Director field ...read more
- 27/01/2015 - In many areas of South Sudan, insecure or inadequate land tenure rights increase vulnerability, hunger, poverty and lead to conflict and environmental degradation. The development of Agricultural Land Tenure Guidelines ...read more
- 23/01/2015 - Less than three years since its Independence, violence erupted in South Sudan in December 2013. Since then, 1.5 million South Sudanese fled their homes, some managing to bring valuable livelihood ...read more
- 22/01/2015 - Farmers and managers of Agri-Business Centres (ABCs) in Sierra Leone identify quarantine measures, bans on group activities and the closure of periodic markets as major causes of disruption of farming ...read more
- 21/01/2015 - In Madagascar, the battle against an ongoing plague of locusts risks being lost as funds to continue operations to subdue widespread infestations of the crop-hungry insects run out, posing a ...read more
- 09/01/2015 - Recently, farmers in Lesotho have been consistently obtaining low yields from their staple crops. This has affected food production as well as considerably reducing incomes.
The causes of these low crop ...read more
- 01/01/2015 - As South Sudan’s livestock owners have fled the ongoing conflict, millions of animals have been displaced, leading to fresh outbreaks of disease and rising tensions between pastoral groups and farmers, ...read more
- 22/12/2014 - Ten years after the world’s worst natural disaster in living memory roared across the shorelines of South and Southeast Asia, countries are better prepared to deal with tragedies like the ...read more