- 18/02/2013 - Impressed by the success of Paul Motseki, lead farmer of her group, Matseko Raseboko did a “U-turn” on her agricultural practices and adopted Conservation Agriculture (CA). Raseboko has been a ...read more
- 10/02/2013 - Zainab Ibrahim Abdulla is one of approximately 200,000 internally displaced Darfuris who’ve returned to their homes since early 2011. For the past 2 years she’s eked out a new start ...read more
- 08/02/2013 - While the number of people in need of humanitarian assistance in Somalia has halved to 1.05 million since August 2012, malnutrition rates remain among the highest in the world, according ...read more
- 08/02/2013 - The majority of households in Choma district, located in the Southern Province of Zambia, depend on rainfed, agricultural-related activities for their livelihoods. That is why when the rains start, usually ...read more
- 29/01/2013 - The world risks a repeat of the disastrous 2006 bird flu outbreaks unless surveillance and control of this and other dangerous animal diseases is strengthened globally, FAO warns.
"The continuing international ...read more
- 23/01/2013 - Twenty-two months of conflict has left Syria's agricultural sector in tatters with cereal, fruit and vegetable production dropping for some by half and massive destruction of irrigation and other infrastructure, ...read more
- 15/01/2013 - FAO and France join efforts to improve farmers’ livelihoods - A new programme in the Republic of South Sudan is helping vulnerable farmers to improve their livelihoods by boosting the ...read more