- 02/05/2014 - A combination of delayed Gu (April-June) rains, rising food prices and persistent insecurity in Somalia is likely to worsen the country’s food security situation in the coming months, experts have warned. Food security ...read more
- 25/04/2014 - Conservation agriculture includes the following steps:
Step 1: Field layout
Step 2: Digging the planting basins
Step 3: Adding fertilizer and/or compost
Step 4: Planting
Step 5: Manual weeding and thinning
Step 6: Top dressing for ...read more
- 23/04/2014 - Le Gouvernement du Japon signe aujourd’hui un accord de financement avec l’Organisation des Nations Unies pour l’alimentation et l’agriculture (FAO) en vue de contribuer au Programme triennal de réponse à ...read more
- 17/04/2014 - The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is warning countries to step up monitoring, reporting and prevention of one of the world’s most destructive banana diseases, Fusarium ...read more
- 10/04/2014 - Farmers and herders in Sudan need urgent support to help prevent the food security situation in the country from deteriorating further, FAO warned today.
Some 3.3 million people are currently suffering from food insecurity ...read more
- 09/04/2014 - Small scale coconut farmers in the Philippines will soon receive assistance to restore their livelihoods severely affected by last year’s Typhoon Haiyan, the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization said today.
It ...read more
- 07/04/2014 - The unprecedented crisis in the Central African Republic is devastating the economy and people's ability to secure basic necessities, two United Nations food agencies said in an assessment report this week.
The Food and ...read more
- 31/03/2014 - The Government of the United Kingdom has released $13.7 million in emergency funding to FAO to help conflict-affected families in South Sudan restore their agriculture-based livelihoods and stave off an ...read more