- 24/02/2017 - Just north of the South Sudanese capital Juba lies Terekeka state, home to the Mundari, one of South Sudan’s 64 ethnic groups. Mundaris are predominantly cattle keepers but also practice small-scale agriculture ...read more
- 14/07/2014 - In the period April to June 2014, 260 teachers from primary and secondary schools from all ten districts of Lesotho participated in training on Conservation Agriculture (CA) and Armyworm awareness.
CA ...read more
- 07/07/2014 - Somalia’s food security crisis is expected to worsen over the next several months following poor performance of the major rainy season (Gu), shrinking humanitarian assistance and access, increasing malnutrition, conflict ...read more
- 01/07/2014 - Three United Nations emergency directors have called for more sustained funding for Somalia nearly three year after the worst famine hit the Horn of Africa nation.
The emergency heads include Dominique ...read more
- 30/06/2014 - In response to the 2012 food insecurity crisis in Lesotho, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MAFS) designed ...read more
- 26/06/2014 - Iraq is facing serious food security concerns following the recent escalation of conflict in a large swath of the country, FAO warned today. Over 1 million people so far have ...read more
- 26/06/2014 - Dominique Burgeon, FAO’s Director, Emergency and Rehabilitation Division has today toured the agency’s new home in the Somali capital, Mogadishu. FAO’s Head of Office a.i. in Somalia, Rudi van Aaken, ...read more
- 23/06/2014 - After eight weeks of intensive learning in the field and the classroom, nineteen South Sudanese graduated from FAO South Sudan’s Agro-Pastoral Master Training Course on 7 June 2014 in Lira, ...read more