- 03/09/2015 - Heavy storms, floods and landslides across nearly all provinces in Myanmar have dealt a major blow to the country's agriculture and are expected to severely limit the availability of food ...read more
- 05/02/2015 - Women vegetable farmers and traders in the Koinadugu District in the north of Sierra Leone have expressed frustration over the fall in prices for their produce resulting in huge income ...read more
- 04/02/2015 - Nearly 4 000 000 sheep, goats and cattle across Syria will be treated for parasites by FAO with the support of the Syrian Veterinary Association (SVA). This mass treatment campaign ...read more
- 02/02/2015 - In January 2015, the Ministry of Agriculture of Guinea, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) published the rapid assessment report ...read more
- 31/01/2015 - From 17/02/2015 To 19/02/2015
Location: Dori, Burkina Faso
The FAO Regional Office in Dakar, the Red Cross, the FAO Office in Burkina Faso, as well as the GRET, HKI, the Direcion of ...read more
- 29/01/2015 - Despite improved food security following the Deyr harvest, improved livestock conditions, and mostly stable staple food prices, a large number of people across Somalia will be acutely food insecure through ...read more
- 28/01/2015 - Farmers in southern Malawi urgently need seeds and livestock after intense flooding destroyed their fields and homes, washing away animals and crops and threatening local food security.
More than 170,000 people ...read more
- 28/01/2015 - Mr Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division and Coordinator of the Organizations's resilience work, visited South Sudan from 15-20 January 2015.
[View the story "FAO Emergency Director field ...read more
- 27/01/2015 - In many areas of South Sudan, insecure or inadequate land tenure rights increase vulnerability, hunger, poverty and lead to conflict and environmental degradation. The development of Agricultural Land Tenure Guidelines ...read more
- 23/01/2015 - Less than three years since its Independence, violence erupted in South Sudan in December 2013. Since then, 1.5 million South Sudanese fled their homes, some managing to bring valuable livelihood ...read more
- 22/01/2015 - Farmers and managers of Agri-Business Centres (ABCs) in Sierra Leone identify quarantine measures, bans on group activities and the closure of periodic markets as major causes of disruption of farming ...read more