- 19/12/2013 - Control operations are continuing in Madagascar against an invasion of the Malagasy Migratory Locust, a voracious insect threatening rice and maize crops and therefore the food security and livelihoods of millions of people.
Jointly prepared by FAO and the Government ...read more
- 17/12/2013 - One month after Typhoon Haiyan struck a devastating blow to the Philippines, farmers who lost essential crops and supplies are receiving the first wave of emergency seeds, restoring hope for ...read more
- 16/12/2013 - Population growth, agricultural expansion, and the rise of globe-spanning food supply chains have dramatically altered how diseases emerge, jump species boundaries, and spread, according to an FAO report released today. ...read more
- 16/12/2013 - Farmers in the Central African Republic need urgent assistance to prevent the food security situation in the conflict-stricken country from worsening for millions of people, FAO warned today.
According to the ...read more
- 11/12/2013 - FAO calls for prompt and sustainable rebuilding of livelihoods in regions affected by Typhoon Haiyan - Philippine fishers face immense damage to the fisheries and aquaculture sectors in regions affected by Typhoon Haiyan, the UN ...read more
- 04/12/2013 - Following the passage of super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, extensive damage to agriculture and rural livelihoods were reported. During the 16 and 17 November, an FAO Team was sent on a Fact Finding ...read more
- 29/11/2013 - The investment by the United Kingdom in one of the biggest and most modern slaughterhouses in Somalia will significantly contribute towards improving Somalia's ailing meat industry, which has seen little ...read more
- 28/11/2013 - FAO and WFP publish new assessment report - A nationwide assessment by two United Nations agencies shows an increase in staple food production in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea ...read more
- 27/11/2013 - Additional $11 million needed to support typhoon-affected farmers to clear land, clean canals and ensure harvests for 2014 - Immediate assistance from the international community for Philippine farmers is critical to avoid ...read more
- 19/11/2013 - Regions most severely affected by the typhoon account for one-third of the total rice production in the country - Hundreds of thousands of farmers in the Philippines whose crops were destroyed by Typhoon Haiyan need ...read more