- 02/07/2015 - A major food crisis has enveloped South Sudan and continues to deteriorate at an alarming rate. In the first half of 2015, the prices of basic food commodities consistently increased, ...read more
- 22/12/2014 - Ten years after the world’s worst natural disaster in living memory roared across the shorelines of South and Southeast Asia, countries are better prepared to deal with tragedies like the ...read more
- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 16/12/2014 - The Ebola virus disease epidemic now affects four countries in West Africa – Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and, more recently, Mali. The countries’ governments and international partners have taken significant ...read more
- 12/12/2014 - Latest indications confirm that world cereal production will reach an all-time record of more than 2.5 billion tonnes in 2014.
Buoyed by bumper crops in Europe and a record maize output ...read more
- 11/12/2014 - Since the outbreak of Ebola virus disease (EVD) was declared in Guinea in March 2014, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has been committed to providing ...read more
- 09/12/2014 - Philippine farmers and fishers have felt the full force of typhoon Hagupit (locally known as Ruby) which has now swept through seven regions of the country, including the Visayas and ...read more