- 11/12/2013 - FAO calls for prompt and sustainable rebuilding of livelihoods in regions affected by Typhoon Haiyan - Philippine fishers face immense damage to the fisheries and aquaculture sectors in regions affected by Typhoon Haiyan, the UN ...read more
- 16/10/2008 - FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf today called for a political and financial push to boost sustainable agriculture in the world’s poor countries, double global food production and free the world of ...read more
- 15/10/2008 - Governments should avoid reducing aid to developing countries’ agriculture and introducing protectionist trade measures in response to the unfolding global financial crisis, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf cautioned today.
In a statement ...read more
- 18/09/2008 - Rising prices have plunged an additional 75 million people below the hunger threshold, bringing the estimated number of undernourished people worldwide to 923 million in 2007, FAO said today.
High food prices ...read more
- 09/09/2008 - FAO is helping Morocco deal with an outbreak of peste des petits ruminants (PPR) that threatens to kill millions of sheep and goats and could possibly spread to neighbouring countries. ...read more
- 08/09/2008 - FAO will help cash-strapped farmers in Swaziland to purchase seeds in time for the next planting season, Director-General Jacques Diouf said today. Diouf was speaking to reporters while visiting a ...read more
- 11/08/2008 - A strain of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza previously not recorded in sub-Saharan Africa has been detected in Nigeria for the first time, FAO said today. Nigeria has recently reported two ...read more
- 04/08/2008 - In readiness for the new planting season, FAO has started distributing urgently-needed seeds and tools to Haiti’s most vulnerable farmers to help them cope with the rising cost of food, ...read more
- 31/07/2008 - As part of an urgent relief effort FAO’s Peru office has provided 36 800 doses of antiparistic medicines, antibiotics and vitamins to poor farmers in highland Peru whose livestock are ...read more
- 17/07/2008 - FAO seeks USD 33.5 million to help small farmers and fishers restore livelihoods. With the clock ticking on Myanmar’s main planting season, agricultural support is urgently needed to restore food production ...read more