- 12/11/2014 - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today appointed Jacques Diouf as Special Envoy for the Horn of Africa and the Sahel.
In his new role, the former Director-General Jacques Diouf will ...read more
- 19/02/2010 - More than a month after the devastating earthquake that struck Haiti on 12 January, FAO and the international humanitarian organization CARE have issued a joint alert over a national food ...read more
- 15/02/2010 - In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs ...read more
- 12/02/2010 - FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf today expressed alarm at the lack of support for Haiti's immediate agricultural needs. Speaking at a high-level meeting here to coordinate the UN Rome-based Agencies' efforts on ...read more
- 02/02/2010 - Temperatures plunging to -50°C have killed 1.7 million head of livestock in Mongolia, threatening the livelihoods of 21 000 herder families and putting them at risk of food insecurity, FAO warned ...read more
- 29/01/2010 - FAO is calling for international donors to support a $700 million investment plan in the agricultural sector drawn up by the Haitian government to repair earthquake damaged infrastructure, boost national ...read more
- 21/01/2010 - FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today that with the first stage of Haiti's rescue operation now underway the country and the aid effort should simultaneously move to the urgent support ...read more
- 16/01/2010 - FAO has called for $23 million from international donors for agriculture in Haiti as part of the United Nations $562 million appeal for that country following the devastating earthquake.
The money ...read more
- 15/01/2010 - I am deeply shocked and saddened at the suffering and devastation of apocalyptic proportions we are witnessing in Haiti following Tuesday’s earthquake.
FAO expresses its full solidarity and commitment to international ...read more
- 14/01/2010 - The immediate priorities in Haiti following Tuesday’s devastating earthquake are to rescue those still trapped, bring relief and shelter to the injured, road clearing and other operations that are life-saving.
But ...read more