- 05/10/2015 - FAO’s rapid response operation in conflict-torn South Sudan has delivered livelihood assistance to 60,000 food-insecure households in hard-to-reach areas of northern Jonglei, Unity and Upper Nile States, where food stocks ...read more
- 16/01/2010 - FAO has called for $23 million from international donors for agriculture in Haiti as part of the United Nations $562 million appeal for that country following the devastating earthquake.
The money ...read more
- 15/01/2010 - I am deeply shocked and saddened at the suffering and devastation of apocalyptic proportions we are witnessing in Haiti following Tuesday’s earthquake.
FAO expresses its full solidarity and commitment to international ...read more
- 14/01/2010 - The immediate priorities in Haiti following Tuesday’s devastating earthquake are to rescue those still trapped, bring relief and shelter to the injured, road clearing and other operations that are life-saving.
But ...read more
- 30/11/2009 - In animal health circles, it's the equivalent of the Apollo 11 moon landing: some time in the next 18 months, FAO jointly with the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) and ...read more
- 26/10/2009 - Ground control operations are in progress against an infestation of desert locusts in Mauritania. As long as there are no heavy rains the infestations should be eliminated by early December, ...read more
- 14/10/2009 - The sharp spike in hunger triggered by the global economic crisis has hit the poorest people in developing countries hardest, revealing a fragile world food system in urgent need of ...read more
- 21/09/2009 - Poor 2009 crop prospects in the Horn of Africa following below-average rains, combined with conflict and displacement are aggravating an already serious food insecurity situation in the region, FAO said ...read more
- 14/09/2009 - FAO has started a major operation in support of small scale farmers in Zimbabwe as part of its joint efforts with the European Union (EU) to fight hunger this year. The organization ...read more
- 20/08/2009 - USD 10.2 million scheme to distribute and multiply quality seeds in Haiti has significantly increased food production in the Caribbean nation providing cheaper food for the population and boosting farmers' ...read more
- 31/07/2009 - FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf has invited governments around the world to participate in negotiations to agree on a declaration for adoption by the World Summit of Heads of State and ...read more