- 18/02/2015 - FAO will provide food crop seeds, animal feed and drip irrigation equipment to help thousands of people in Cabo Verde whose food security and livelihoods are at risk following a ...read more
- 27/10/2008 - Communities in Haiti suffering severe food insecurity are to be assisted by a US$10.2 million package which will quickly boost Haiti’s battered agriculture sector.
The funds come at a time when ...read more
- 16/10/2008 - FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf today called for a political and financial push to boost sustainable agriculture in the world’s poor countries, double global food production and free the world of ...read more
- 15/10/2008 - Governments should avoid reducing aid to developing countries’ agriculture and introducing protectionist trade measures in response to the unfolding global financial crisis, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf cautioned today.
In a statement ...read more
- 18/09/2008 - Rising prices have plunged an additional 75 million people below the hunger threshold, bringing the estimated number of undernourished people worldwide to 923 million in 2007, FAO said today.
High food prices ...read more
- 09/09/2008 - FAO is helping Morocco deal with an outbreak of peste des petits ruminants (PPR) that threatens to kill millions of sheep and goats and could possibly spread to neighbouring countries. ...read more
- 08/09/2008 - FAO will help cash-strapped farmers in Swaziland to purchase seeds in time for the next planting season, Director-General Jacques Diouf said today. Diouf was speaking to reporters while visiting a ...read more
- 11/08/2008 - A strain of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza previously not recorded in sub-Saharan Africa has been detected in Nigeria for the first time, FAO said today. Nigeria has recently reported two ...read more
- 04/08/2008 - In readiness for the new planting season, FAO has started distributing urgently-needed seeds and tools to Haiti’s most vulnerable farmers to help them cope with the rising cost of food, ...read more
- 31/07/2008 - As part of an urgent relief effort FAO’s Peru office has provided 36 800 doses of antiparistic medicines, antibiotics and vitamins to poor farmers in highland Peru whose livestock are ...read more