- 25/03/2015 - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today met with Madagascar’s Minister for Livestock, Anthèlme Ramparany, to discuss the progress in halting the locust plague that since 2012 has spread across ...read more
- 25/07/2014 - The United Nations today called on the international donor community to renew a commitment to fight hunger and food insecurity in the Sahel by protecting and strengthening the resilience of ...read more
- 21/07/2014 - Increased efforts are needed to improve awareness among rural communities in West Africa about the risks of contracting the Ebola virus from eating certain wildlife species including fruit bats, FAO ...read more
- 26/06/2014 - Iraq is facing serious food security concerns following the recent escalation of conflict in a large swath of the country, FAO warned today. Over 1 million people so far have ...read more
- 05/06/2014 - FAO is scaling up its emergency response operations in South Sudan despite problems of access and insecurity in parts of the country. The Organization has extended its emergency response for an additional three ...read more
- 02/06/2014 - Late rains and erratic weather patterns in Somalia have raised concerns over a worsening of the food security situation, as food stocks from the last, poor harvest become depleted and prices continue ...read more
- 25/05/2014 - The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE) today pledged to step up their existing collaboration to control animal disease, ...read more
- 23/05/2014 - In response to recent devastating floods affecting Bosnia and Herzegovina, Serbia as well as Croatia, FAO is assessing the potentially extensive damage to livestock, crops and rural infrastructure. The Serbian ...read more
- 21/05/2014 - South Sudan is at a risk of famine unless humanitarian assistance is provided now, FAO Deputy Director-General for Operations Dan Gustafson told a humanitarian pledging conference for the country in Oslo.
“The food ...read more
- 16/05/2014 - A major operation to distribute seeds and tools has been launched in the Central African Republic to support crisis-hit farming families.
This is the largest ever intervention in the country led by the ...read more
- 15/05/2014 - Drought conditions combined with continued conflict are adding pressure to an already dire food security situation in the Syrian Arab Republic, raising the prospect of further severe reductions in wheat and barley ...read more