- 19/08/2016 - Almost 4.5 million people are facing severe food insecurity in conflict-hit areas of northeast Nigeria. The latest Cadre harmonisé (CH) analysis for August to September 2016 shows a further deterioration in ...read more
- 12/12/2014 - Latest indications confirm that world cereal production will reach an all-time record of more than 2.5 billion tonnes in 2014. Buoyed by bumper crops in Europe and a record maize ...read more
- 09/12/2014 - Philippine farmers and fishers have felt the full force of typhoon Hagupit (locally known as Ruby) which has now swept through seven regions of the country, including the Visayas and ...read more
- 03/12/2014 - Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone, the countries hardest hit by the Ebola epidemic, will each receive $500 000 to help curb the potentially devastating impact of the disease on food security and on the livelihoods ...read more
- 02/12/2014 - In this interview, Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO’s Emergency and Rehabilitation Division, talks about the Ebola epidemic’s threat to food security in West Africa and FAO’s efforts to help safeguard ...read more
- 02/12/2014 - Belgium has donated €5.8 million to support FAO activities that help protect agriculture-based livelihoods for food security and resilience in the face of natural disasters and human-induced crises.
The donation to ...read more
- 28/11/2014 - Each year millions of people dependant on agriculture, forestry and fisheries are confronted by droughts, floods, plant pests or animal diseases, and conflict. When that happens, the livelihoods of communities ...read more
- 20/11/2014 - Le Directeur général de la FAO, José Graziano da Silva, a rencontré aujourd’hui Mme Marie-Noëlle Koyara, Ministre d'État chargée des travaux publics, de l’équipement et de l’aménagement du territoire de ...read more
- 12/11/2014 - FAO Director-General José Graziano da Silva today appointed Jacques Diouf as Special Envoy for the Horn of Africa and the Sahel.
In his new role, the former Director-General Jacques Diouf will ...read more
- 10/11/2014 - Wheat seeds, fertilizer and animal feed are starting to roll out to nearly 28,000 farming families in Iraq whose livelihoods have been left in tatters as a result of hostilities -- part of ...read more