- 14/09/2014 - During the month of June 2014, up to106 farmers practicing Conservation Agriculture (CA) had the opportunity to exchange views, experiences and ideas with other farmers during their visit to two ...read more
- 11/09/2014 - In addition to distributions of inputs to households, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) distributed crop seeds to 90 seed multiplier groups (1 600 households) in ...read more
- 21/08/2014 - Droughts cause poor harvests, Zimbabwean smallholders receive payout
Smallholder farmers in Africa have long borne the brunt of the adverse effects of global climate change. They are perpetually at the mercy ...read more
- 13/08/2014 - Combining FAO’s field experience and technical expertise to support DRR practitioners.
With funding from ECHO, the toolkit has been developed drawing on the extensive practical and technical knowledge of FAO’s experts ...read more
- 05/08/2014 - In Rumbek, Lakes State, FAO South Sudan reached over 600 households with emergency livelihood crop kits between June and July 2014. This includes over 7 metric tons of sorghum, maize, sesame and cowpea ...read more
- 03/08/2014 - FAO is supporting the Government of Liberia through the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MoH) to maintain an active surveillance system for tracking and monitoring trends and outcomes of ...read more
- 23/07/2014 - As part of ongoing efforts to reduce the risk of avian influenza in general and H7N9 in particular, FAO gathered experts from seven nations of the South Asian Association for ...read more
- 14/07/2014 - In the period April to June 2014, 260 teachers from primary and secondary schools from all ten districts of Lesotho participated in training on Conservation Agriculture (CA) and Armyworm awareness.
CA ...read more