- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 23/09/2013 - An Emergency Food Security Assessment conducted jointly by the Government of Mali, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), the World Food Programme (WFP), and 15 other ...read more
- 16/09/2013 - The future of cassava, one of Africa’s most promising and climate-resilient crops, may be under threat if efforts to renew the fight against diseases affecting the plant are not renewed, ...read more
- 12/09/2013 - FAO is using novel ways of delivering quality seed to farmers. Last week, national staff from Côte d’Ivoire participated in a training workshop on mobile technology-based information systems, which will ...read more
- 10/09/2013 - In response to the armyworm outbreak, which affected Lesotho in January and February 2013, the Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security (MAFS) and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the ...read more
- 22/08/2013 - Cassava production is under threat as two viruses are raging through the fields of small-scale farmers in East and Central Africa. The Regional Cassava Initiative, coordinated by FAO, helped build ...read more
- 20/08/2013 - To cope with recurrent drought and climate variability, pastoralists in Karamoja – a semi-arid region of Uganda – harvest grass to make hay, which they store and feed to their ...read more
- 14/08/2013 - Vulnerable agro pastoral communities in the semi arid region of Karamoja in Uganda have resorted to cereal banking as a coping mechanism to their food security threats.
The idea of introducing ...read more
- 13/08/2013 - Upholding cassava's potential in Africa: 10 - 12 September 2013
During the course of the last decade, cassava production in East and Central Africa has been hampered by Cassava Mosaic Disease ...read more
- 31/07/2013 - Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools (JFFLS) are a simple methodology for teaching vulnerable children and young people about farming, entrepreneurial skills and how to take care of themselves. These ...read more