- 13/08/2014 - Combining FAO’s field experience and technical expertise to support DRR practitioners.
With funding from ECHO, the toolkit has been developed drawing on the extensive practical and technical knowledge of FAO’s experts ...read more
- 15/07/2012 - An estimated 70% of Lesotho’s population is dependent on rain-fed agriculture for their livelihoods, meaning that most people are vulnerable to climate change. This is made because only 9% of ...read more
- 20/06/2012 - In these small seeds lies enormous potential, especially for farmers whose fields remained flooded during Pakistan's most important planting season for wheat, and who needed a quick and profitable way to ...read more
- 20/06/2012 - Maryam Bibi is a sharecropper, residing in a small village outside the town of Badin in rural Sindh, Pakistan. Her family (ten siblings, her husband and their five children) had not ...read more
- 05/06/2012 - FAO is stepping up its efforts to transform agriculture in South Sudan in 2012, boosting the number of seed fairs organized before the rainy season, expected to begin in April.
There ...read more
- 13/04/2012 - FAO is calling urgently for funding to offer agricultural support to an expected flood of South Sudanese returning from the Sudan. Hundreds of thousands of people may be forced to return from ...read more