- 28/01/2015 - Mr Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division and Coordinator of the Organizations's resilience work, visited South Sudan from 15-20 January 2015.
[View the story "FAO Emergency Director field ...read more
- 24/05/2013 - They say information is power; in South Sudan, information is life.
Today, FAO launched a $9 million project on information for decision making for food and nutrition security. This initiative will ...read more
- 17/05/2013 - The up-scaling of Conservation Agriculture (CA) in Lesotho has recently taken a step forward. The Honourable Minister of Agriculture and Food Security, Litsoane Litsoane, launched the CA up scaling strategy ...read more
- 17/05/2013 - Support still needed for livelihoods at risk
Successive above-average rainfall seasons in pastoral and agropastoral areas of Kenya have led to improvements in crop and livestock production. Meanwhile, the continued implementation ...read more
- 16/05/2013 - The Integrated Food Security Project (IFSP) in Sudan has achieved several recent milestones in its first four months of implementation. The USD 10 million project is funded by the Canadian ...read more
- 09/05/2013 - Singing, clapping and jumping – men, women and children from the Pokot and Turkana communities celebrated the agreement between Kenya and Uganda to coordinate efforts to improve animal health in ...read more
- 08/05/2013 - In southern Zambia, the village of Sikaunzwe is abuzz with activity for the 2012/13 agricultural season. For many families in this farming community, growing crops – from maize to fruits ...read more
- 07/05/2013 - In the searing mid-morning heat, Simon Peter Oola sweats profusely as he wheels three bags of rice into a large compound, where his produce must be weighed and certified before ...read more
- 06/05/2013 - Burundi, where 90% of the population live from agriculture, is currently facing a severe food crisis. Many factors contribute to this situation, including extremely high population growth and the fragmentation ...read more
- 03/05/2013 - A new study estimates that famine and severe food insecurity in Somalia claimed the lives of about 258,000 people between October 2010 and April 2012, including 133,000 children under 5. ...read more
- 02/05/2013 - How Junior Farmer Field and Life Schools are nurturing leaders for today and tomorrow
Habiba Athumani, a refugee from Somalia, is a student at Angelina Jolie Girls Primary School in Kakuma, ...read more