- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 12/10/2014 - FAO expresses concern for the food security of all people in Gaza during the Cairo International Conference on Palestine, “Reconstructing Gaza”, hosted today by the Government of Egypt.
“The livelihoods of ...read more
- 10/10/2014 - The Government of Liberia through the Forestry Development Authority (FDA), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Ministry of Health, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and other key stakeholders ...read more
- 06/10/2014 - In the community councils of Litjotjela and Maloaneng, Leribe District in Lesotho, Mrs Masekhametsi Hlomoka and Mrs Sesinyi Ramatekoa are beneficiaries of a pilot initiative complementing Social Protection cash grants ...read more
- 03/10/2014 - In late August, teams of FAO South Sudan staff members returned to their offices in FAO’s Juba headquarters after spending challenging weeks in the field conducting the 13th round of the Food Security ...read more
- 01/10/2014 - The Liberian Ministry of Agriculture, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) together with sector partners embark on a most urgent ...read more
- 24/09/2014 - Humanitarian assistance is having a measurable and significant impact in South Sudan. The combined efforts of the Food Security and Livelihood Cluster (co-led by FAO, WFP and Mercy Corps) and ...read more
- 23/09/2014 - The Ebola epidemic is washing away years of progress and hard work. Savings consolidated over several years have been completely depleted due to the disease’s destruction of income generating opportunities. ...read more
- 21/09/2014 - On Monday, FAO North America hosted Sue Lautze, FAO representative and UN Deputy Humanitarian Coordinator for South Sudan, at a briefing about the crisis in the country. Since last December, ...read more
- 14/09/2014 - During the month of June 2014, up to106 farmers practicing Conservation Agriculture (CA) had the opportunity to exchange views, experiences and ideas with other farmers during their visit to two ...read more
- 11/09/2014 - In addition to distributions of inputs to households, the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) distributed crop seeds to 90 seed multiplier groups (1 600 households) in ...read more