- 28/01/2015 - Mr Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division and Coordinator of the Organizations's resilience work, visited South Sudan from 15-20 January 2015.
[View the story "FAO Emergency Director field ...read more
- 05/08/2014 - In Rumbek, Lakes State, FAO South Sudan reached over 600 households with emergency livelihood crop kits between June and July 2014. This includes over 7 metric tons of sorghum, maize, sesame and cowpea ...read more
- 03/08/2014 - FAO is supporting the Government of Liberia through the Ministry of Health and Social Welfare (MoH) to maintain an active surveillance system for tracking and monitoring trends and outcomes of ...read more
- 23/07/2014 - As part of ongoing efforts to reduce the risk of avian influenza in general and H7N9 in particular, FAO gathered experts from seven nations of the South Asian Association for ...read more
- 23/07/2014 - It took FAO and its partners in Syria nearly three months to complete the distribution of poultry packages in the tormented governorate of Rural Damascus, but the result was worth ...read more
- 23/07/2014 - Typhoon Haiyan last November severely damaged the agriculture sector, which provides 40.5 percent of national employment for men and 21.8 percent for women in the Philippines. Especially crop production was ...read more
- 14/07/2014 - In the period April to June 2014, 260 teachers from primary and secondary schools from all ten districts of Lesotho participated in training on Conservation Agriculture (CA) and Armyworm awareness.
CA ...read more
- 07/07/2014 - Somalia’s food security crisis is expected to worsen over the next several months following poor performance of the major rainy season (Gu), shrinking humanitarian assistance and access, increasing malnutrition, conflict ...read more