- 04/12/2013 - Following the passage of super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, extensive damage to agriculture and rural livelihoods were reported. During the 16 and 17 November, an FAO Team was sent on a Fact Finding ...read more
- 08/02/2013 - The majority of households in Choma district, located in the Southern Province of Zambia, depend on rainfed, agricultural-related activities for their livelihoods. That is why when the rains start, usually ...read more
- 15/11/2012 - FAO, WFP and the global Food Security Cluster undertook a two-week mission to Pakistan in September and October 2012 to support activities of the Inter-Agency Standing Committee (IASC) to strengthen ...read more
- 07/10/2012 - How a woman in rural Kenya is reaping the benefits of growing tomatoes using innovative irrigation technology
Mrs. Mutisya keenly studies the leaves of her newly transplanted tomato crop. She has ...read more
- 24/09/2012 - Urban aquaponic systems have proven to be successful in providing an environmentally sustainable solution to ensure food and nutrition security and to protect the livelihoods of the most vulnerable.
In the ...read more