- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 23/06/2014 - After eight weeks of intensive learning in the field and the classroom, nineteen South Sudanese graduated from FAO South Sudan’s Agro-Pastoral Master Training Course on 7 June 2014 in Lira, ...read more
- 16/06/2014 - Small-scale fishers whose livelihoods were devastated by Typhoon Haiyan will soon have access to a new hybrid boat developed jointly by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and ...read more
- 10/06/2014 - The Regional training workshop on “Integrating Nutrition and Food Security programming for emergency response and resilience building” aims to build capacities of humanitarian actors on how to better integrate nutrition ...read more
- 20/05/2014 - Des essaims ont été à nouveau repérés autour d’Antananarivo. La population des zones infestées essaie de protéger ses cultures par des feux de brousse. En étroite collaboration avec le Gouvernement ...read more
- 20/05/2014 - On 15 May 2014 over 200 goats were vaccinated against PPR (Peste des Petit Ruminants) in Torit town, Eastern Equatoria state. The PPR vaccines are included in FAO’s emergency livestock ...read more
- 02/05/2014 - A combination of delayed Gu (April-June) rains, rising food prices and persistent insecurity in Somalia is likely to worsen the country’s food security situation in the coming months, experts have warned. Food security ...read more