- 04/12/2013 - Following the passage of super Typhoon Haiyan in the Philippines, extensive damage to agriculture and rural livelihoods were reported. During the 16 and 17 November, an FAO Team was sent on a Fact Finding ...read more
- 12/09/2012 - Heavy rainfall, long withering droughts and other natural shocks and disasters – all signs of increased climate change – have made it almost impossible for vulnerable people to cope. In ...read more
- 27/08/2012 - A UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) staff member has been killed in an attack by an armed group in Southern Somalia, the hunger-fighting agency announced.
"Our deepest condolences go out ...read more
- 15/07/2012 - An estimated 70% of Lesotho’s population is dependent on rain-fed agriculture for their livelihoods, meaning that most people are vulnerable to climate change. This is made because only 9% of ...read more
- 20/06/2012 - In these small seeds lies enormous potential, especially for farmers whose fields remained flooded during Pakistan's most important planting season for wheat, and who needed a quick and profitable way to ...read more
- 20/06/2012 - Maryam Bibi is a sharecropper, residing in a small village outside the town of Badin in rural Sindh, Pakistan. Her family (ten siblings, her husband and their five children) had not ...read more
- 05/06/2012 - FAO is stepping up its efforts to transform agriculture in South Sudan in 2012, boosting the number of seed fairs organized before the rainy season, expected to begin in April.
There ...read more