- 19/12/2014 - In addition to the health consequences in West Africa, the Ebola virus disease (EVD) outbreak has also led to various economic and social disruptions in affected and neighbouring countries.
The direct ...read more
- 23/04/2014 - Le Gouvernement du Japon signe aujourd’hui un accord de financement avec l’Organisation des Nations Unies pour l’alimentation et l’agriculture (FAO) en vue de contribuer au Programme triennal de réponse à ...read more
- 27/03/2014 - FAO and Puntland authorities have launched the first database for Somali fishermen in decades aimed at improving management of fisheries in the Indian Ocean and the Gulf of Aden.
In the ...read more
- 26/03/2014 - FAO senior officials met today with a high level clerical delegation working in the Central African Republic to talk about FAO’s work in the country and how agriculture can play ...read more
- 24/03/2014 - Dominique Burgeon, Director of FAO's Emergency and Rehabilitation Division, describes his recent visit to South Sudan: "On 20 March, as part of the Emergency Directors’ Group, I had the opportunity ...read more
- 13/03/2014 - With the year’s main planting season just weeks away, many in the Central African Republic (CAR) have been left desperately ill-equipped by months of conflict. In the charred village of ...read more
- 12/03/2014 - The Transitional Government and United Nations (UN) agencies came together in Mbaïki, 95 km southwest of the capital, Bangui, for the official launch of the 2014/15 agricultural campaign in the ...read more
- 07/03/2014 - The conflict in South Sudan risks reversing gains in food security that the country had made over the last year, according to the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) ...read more
- 06/03/2014 - For the first time, Somali farmers are turning themselves into suppliers of high-quality food assistance for their fellow Somali people. A new initiative backed by the European Union, the government ...read more