- Food insecurity in Juba deepens with countrywide repercussions21/07/2016
- New tool for managing the fuel needs of displaced populations21/07/2016
- Seed distributions offer new hope to drought-affected farmers in Ethiopia18/07/2016
- Flare-up of violence in South Sudan raises spectre of hunger catastrophe16/07/2016
- As H5N1 spreads in West and Central Africa FAO calls for increased vigilance13/07/2016
Connect with us
New avian influenza flare-ups
Virus remains a global threat and disease control strongly improved - Recent avian influenza outbreaks in 15 countries demonstrate that the H5N1 virus remains a global threat and requires close monitoring and strong control efforts, FAO said today.
Since December 2007, Bangladesh, Benin, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Myanmar, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Viet Nam have confirmed new H5N1 outbreaks in poultry stocks.