- Northeastern Nigeria conflict intensifies Lake Chad Basin hunger crisis24/02/2017
- FAO scaling up agricultural assistance for returning IDPs in northeastern Nigeria23/02/2017
- Famine in South Sudan: a joint FAO/UNICEF/WFP statement21/02/2017
- Famine declared in parts of South Sudan20/02/2017
- Urgent assistance needed to prevent a catastrophe in Yemen as food crisis worsens10/02/2017
Connect with us
New avian influenza flare-ups
Virus remains a global threat and disease control strongly improved - Recent avian influenza outbreaks in 15 countries demonstrate that the H5N1 virus remains a global threat and requires close monitoring and strong control efforts, FAO said today.
Since December 2007, Bangladesh, Benin, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Myanmar, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Viet Nam have confirmed new H5N1 outbreaks in poultry stocks.