- CERF loan facilitates rapid scaling up of FAO’s response in Somalia21/03/2017
- Reinforcing control efforts amid outbreak of avian influenza in China17/03/2017
- Yemen’s suffering is the world’s largest humanitarian crisis today15/03/2017
- IGAD and FAO building field capacity for resilience08/03/2017
- Empowering women in the Yemeni dairy sector 08/03/2017
Connect with us
New avian influenza flare-ups
Virus remains a global threat and disease control strongly improved - Recent avian influenza outbreaks in 15 countries demonstrate that the H5N1 virus remains a global threat and requires close monitoring and strong control efforts, FAO said today.
Since December 2007, Bangladesh, Benin, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Myanmar, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Viet Nam have confirmed new H5N1 outbreaks in poultry stocks.