- FAO Emergencies Director assesses the scale of the drought and response in Afar Region, Ethiopia11/10/2016
- Timely seed distributions in Ethiopia boost crop yields, strengthen communities’ resilience10/10/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: engaging internally displaced people in vegetable production22/09/2016
- Seed fairs eases drought effects in Malawi16/09/2016
- Pastoralist ‘dropouts’ in Ethiopia’s lowlands boost income through animal feed production and marketing31/08/2016
Connect with us
New avian influenza flare-ups
Virus remains a global threat and disease control strongly improved - Recent avian influenza outbreaks in 15 countries demonstrate that the H5N1 virus remains a global threat and requires close monitoring and strong control efforts, FAO said today.
Since December 2007, Bangladesh, Benin, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Myanmar, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Viet Nam have confirmed new H5N1 outbreaks in poultry stocks.