- Belgian-FAO support to El Niño-affected pastoralists in Somali Region of Ethiopia strengthens livestock-based livelihoods26/05/2016
- FAO seeds increase the availability of fresh vegetables in conflict-hit Akobo26/05/2016
- UN agencies provide seeds, tools and food to break hunger cycle in the Central African Republic25/05/2016
- Building resilience to enable vulnerable people cope with natural disasters and pandemic threats25/05/2016
- New Global Partnership for Preparedness launched24/05/2016
Connect with us
New avian influenza flare-ups
Virus remains a global threat and disease control strongly improved - Recent avian influenza outbreaks in 15 countries demonstrate that the H5N1 virus remains a global threat and requires close monitoring and strong control efforts, FAO said today.
Since December 2007, Bangladesh, Benin, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Myanmar, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Viet Nam have confirmed new H5N1 outbreaks in poultry stocks.