- Ebola recovery: FAO and partners join harvest launch celebration26/11/2015
- Education: key route towards sustainable food security and Climate Change adaptation23/11/2015
- Over USD 300 000 to control peste des petits ruminants in Liberia20/11/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains 120 new Market Information Specialists nationwide19/11/2015
- A journey to Chibok17/11/2015
Connect with us
New avian influenza flare-ups
Virus remains a global threat and disease control strongly improved - Recent avian influenza outbreaks in 15 countries demonstrate that the H5N1 virus remains a global threat and requires close monitoring and strong control efforts, FAO said today.
Since December 2007, Bangladesh, Benin, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Myanmar, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Viet Nam have confirmed new H5N1 outbreaks in poultry stocks.