- Fall armyworm spreads to East Africa25/04/2017
- Hunger and lack of rural development at the basis of the Lake Chad Basin crisis11/04/2017
- Animal vaccinations in Yemen help protect families’ livelihoods10/04/2017
- FAO Director-General meets Chad’s Prime Minister to discuss critical role of agriculture 07/04/2017
- FAO Director-General emphasizes importance of coming planting season to tackle hunger during his visit to northeastern Nigeria07/04/2017
Connect with us
New avian influenza flare-ups
Virus remains a global threat and disease control strongly improved - Recent avian influenza outbreaks in 15 countries demonstrate that the H5N1 virus remains a global threat and requires close monitoring and strong control efforts, FAO said today.
Since December 2007, Bangladesh, Benin, China, Egypt, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Myanmar, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Turkey and Viet Nam have confirmed new H5N1 outbreaks in poultry stocks.