- Increasing food availability by supporting fisher folk in South Sudan 24/02/2017
- Northeastern Nigeria conflict intensifies Lake Chad Basin hunger crisis24/02/2017
- FAO scaling up agricultural assistance for returning IDPs in northeastern Nigeria23/02/2017
- Region III farmers optimistic on recovery after widespread destruction21/02/2017
- Famine in South Sudan: a joint FAO/UNICEF/WFP statement21/02/2017
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.