- FAO Emergencies Director assesses the scale of the drought and response in Afar Region, Ethiopia11/10/2016
- Timely seed distributions in Ethiopia boost crop yields, strengthen communities’ resilience10/10/2016
- Northeast Nigeria: engaging internally displaced people in vegetable production22/09/2016
- Seed fairs eases drought effects in Malawi16/09/2016
- Pastoralist ‘dropouts’ in Ethiopia’s lowlands boost income through animal feed production and marketing31/08/2016
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.