- Fall armyworm spreads to East Africa25/04/2017
- Hunger and lack of rural development at the basis of the Lake Chad Basin crisis11/04/2017
- Animal vaccinations in Yemen help protect families’ livelihoods10/04/2017
- FAO Director-General meets Chad’s Prime Minister to discuss critical role of agriculture 07/04/2017
- FAO Director-General emphasizes importance of coming planting season to tackle hunger during his visit to northeastern Nigeria07/04/2017
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.