- Cattle disease puts Eastern Europe and Central Asia’s veterinary experts on alert27/11/2015
- Surge in climate change-related disasters poses growing threat to food security26/11/2015
- Ebola recovery: FAO and partners join harvest launch celebration26/11/2015
- Education: key route towards sustainable food security and Climate Change adaptation23/11/2015
- Over USD 300 000 to control peste des petits ruminants in Liberia20/11/2015
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.