- Emerging drought threatens pastoralist livelihoods in southern Ethiopia17/01/2017
- EU provides FAO with funds to address deteriorating food security situation in Yemen11/01/2017
- Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals farmland near Mosul22/12/2016
- Returning to cropping brings great rewards in northeastern Nigeria22/12/2016
- New and continued drought in the Horn of Africa threatens livelihoods and food security20/12/2016
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.