- Food insecurity in the Lake Chad basin23/06/2016
- FAO concludes its Earthquake Response Programme in Nepal23/06/2016
- Norway boosts support for crisis-affected farmers, fisherfolk and herders in South Sudan22/06/2016
- Severe food insecurity widespread in Yemen21/06/2016
- Nordic diplomats, FAO explore partnership opportunities in drought-affected Afar region, Ethiopia17/06/2016
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.