- Launch of the Platform of analysis and measurement of population resilience in the Sahel and West Africa02/05/2016
- Urgent action needed to help Ethiopia’s farmers produce food in main cropping season29/04/2016
- North Korea’s food production falls for first time since 2010 as water scarcity hits agricultural sector27/04/2016
- Investment in early warning – early actions reaps massive reward against El Niño flood threats26/04/2016
- Drones help farmers in the Philippines prepare for climate disasters25/04/2016
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.