- Iraq: kick-starting agriculture and livelihoods in retaken areas08/12/2016
- Seed distributions to support Haitians farmers for the winter planting season06/12/2016
- Humanitarian Response Plan: food is the number one need05/12/2016
- Empowering women through strengthened livelihoods02/12/2016
- Southern Africa: Strengthening capacity of livestock interventions in crises29/11/2016
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.