- West and Central African countries learn to develop National Drought Management policies 05/05/2015
- Philippines takes first steps towards a national DRR strategy for agriculture04/05/2015
- Locust control in Madagascar – up to the last breath04/05/2015
- Nepal Earthquake’s impact on food security and agriculture likely very high30/04/2015
- Reviving agricultural production in areas affected by the Ebola outbreak in Guinea30/04/2015
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.