- Zika: FAO Director-General says agency is ready to contribute to international efforts09/02/2016
- Somalia continues to face large-scale food insecurity compounded by poor rainfall and drought08/02/2016
- UN agencies warn of escalating food crisis in South Sudan08/02/2016
- Myanmar floods six months on: agricultural livelihoods still buried in the mud05/02/2016
- Support for agriculture in Syria critical with massive food insecurity adding to suffering04/02/2016
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.