- As South Sudan conflict escalates, 4.6 million people at risk of severe food insecurity29/05/2015
- FAO Local Seed Sourcing – A Domino Effect of Benefits28/05/2015
- Food security situation dire for millions in Nepal25/05/2015
- FAO delivers emergency livelihood kits to flood-affected farmers in Zambézia and Sofala provinces21/05/2015
- Italy provides EUR 400 000 to help earthquake-affected farmers in Nepal20/05/2015
Connect with us
Urgent measures required to reduce high food prices' impact on poor
UN agency chiefs highlight role of agro-industries – Urgent measures are needed to ensure that short-term adverse effects of higher food prices do not impact even more alarmingly on the very poor, FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf said today.
Addressing the first Global Agro-Industries Forum in New Delhi, along with the heads of UNIDO and IFAD, Dr Diouf highlighted the important role that agro-industry had to play in overcoming these problems.