- Philippines takes first steps towards a national DRR strategy for agriculture04/05/2015
- Locust control in Madagascar – up to the last breath04/05/2015
- Nepal Earthquake’s impact on food security and agriculture likely very high30/04/2015
- Reviving agricultural production in areas affected by the Ebola outbreak in Guinea30/04/2015
- Locust plague in Madagascar – FAO continues to sound the alarm to donors (in FRENCH)29/04/2015
Connect with us
Myanmar’s food bowl devastated
USD 10 million urgently needed to assist poor farming and fishing communities. The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) today called for USD 10 million to assist poor farming and fishing communities in Myanmar devastated by cyclone Nargis.
The five worst-affected areas - Ayeyarwady, Yangon and Bago Divisions, and Mon and Kayin States - are considered Myanmar’s food bowl, producing much of the country’s staple food of rice and fish, and the overall food security situation in Myanmar is seriously threatened, FAO said.