- South Sudan: FAO air operation delivers agriculture aid to hard-to-access areas05/10/2015
- Strengthening resilience for food security and nutrition in contexts facing recurrent shocks and stressors01/10/2015
- Rebuilding life after the Ebola virus disease in Guinea, survivors return to their communities (in FRENCH)28/09/2015
- FAO opens the re-established central cold chain for livestock vaccines25/09/2015
- Women farmer groups on the road to recovery in Sierra Leone24/09/2015
Connect with us
Myanmar’s food bowl devastated
USD 10 million urgently needed to assist poor farming and fishing communities. The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) today called for USD 10 million to assist poor farming and fishing communities in Myanmar devastated by cyclone Nargis.
The five worst-affected areas - Ayeyarwady, Yangon and Bago Divisions, and Mon and Kayin States - are considered Myanmar’s food bowl, producing much of the country’s staple food of rice and fish, and the overall food security situation in Myanmar is seriously threatened, FAO said.