- Training on Fisheries and Aquaculture Emergency Response Guidance held in the Philippines02/09/2015
- In Somalia some 855,000 people face acute food insecurity01/09/2015
- Layer-broiler chickens going to small farms hurt by conflict in eastern Ukraine28/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Early Warning: El Niño threatens Somalia’s humanitarian gains 21/08/2015
Connect with us
Myanmar’s food bowl devastated
USD 10 million urgently needed to assist poor farming and fishing communities. The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) today called for USD 10 million to assist poor farming and fishing communities in Myanmar devastated by cyclone Nargis.
The five worst-affected areas - Ayeyarwady, Yangon and Bago Divisions, and Mon and Kayin States - are considered Myanmar’s food bowl, producing much of the country’s staple food of rice and fish, and the overall food security situation in Myanmar is seriously threatened, FAO said.