- FAO commits regional efforts to control cross-border livestock diseases in South Sudan and Uganda06/07/2015
- Sky-rocketing food prices in South Sudan are deepening food insecurity and raising new vulnerabilities02/07/2015
- The fight against the Ebola virus continues at the human-animal-ecosystem interface (in FRENCH)30/06/2015
- FAO Report highlights the benefits of complementing cash grants with home gardening practices30/06/2015
- Conditional cash assistance to build resilience against water scarcity in the West Bank29/06/2015
Connect with us
Myanmar’s food bowl devastated
USD 10 million urgently needed to assist poor farming and fishing communities. The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) today called for USD 10 million to assist poor farming and fishing communities in Myanmar devastated by cyclone Nargis.
The five worst-affected areas - Ayeyarwady, Yangon and Bago Divisions, and Mon and Kayin States - are considered Myanmar’s food bowl, producing much of the country’s staple food of rice and fish, and the overall food security situation in Myanmar is seriously threatened, FAO said.