- Surge in climate change-related disasters poses growing threat to food security26/11/2015
- Ebola recovery: FAO and partners join harvest launch celebration26/11/2015
- Education: key route towards sustainable food security and Climate Change adaptation23/11/2015
- Over USD 300 000 to control peste des petits ruminants in Liberia20/11/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains 120 new Market Information Specialists nationwide19/11/2015
Connect with us
Professional Football Against Hunger in Cairo
A high-level delegation of European football officials and former star players representing the Professional Football Against Hunger awareness and fundraising campaign will visit FAO TeleFood projects in Cairo, Egypt on 14 January. A press conference will be organized on the same day at the Egyptian National Sports Council.
The visit is the group’s first concrete initiative since the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) launched its anti-hunger fundraising campaign at FAO headquarters in October 2008. The event will take place under the patronage of Egyptian First Lady Suzanne Mubarak, who was nominated in October 2008 as Raeia – Illustrious Guide – of FAO’s activities and TeleFood Programmes.