- Food insecurity in the Lake Chad basin23/06/2016
- FAO concludes its Earthquake Response Programme in Nepal23/06/2016
- Norway boosts support for crisis-affected farmers, fisherfolk and herders in South Sudan22/06/2016
- Severe food insecurity widespread in Yemen21/06/2016
- Nordic diplomats, FAO explore partnership opportunities in drought-affected Afar region, Ethiopia17/06/2016
Connect with us
Professional Football Against Hunger in Cairo
A high-level delegation of European football officials and former star players representing the Professional Football Against Hunger awareness and fundraising campaign will visit FAO TeleFood projects in Cairo, Egypt on 14 January. A press conference will be organized on the same day at the Egyptian National Sports Council.
The visit is the group’s first concrete initiative since the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) launched its anti-hunger fundraising campaign at FAO headquarters in October 2008. The event will take place under the patronage of Egyptian First Lady Suzanne Mubarak, who was nominated in October 2008 as Raeia – Illustrious Guide – of FAO’s activities and TeleFood Programmes.