- Belgium contributes €14 million to support response and resilience to disasters and crises19/01/2017
- Saving lives in the IGAD region: early action to prevent a food insecurity catastrophe, a top priority for FAO18/01/2017
- Emerging drought threatens pastoralist livelihoods in southern Ethiopia17/01/2017
- EU provides FAO with funds to address deteriorating food security situation in Yemen11/01/2017
- Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals farmland near Mosul22/12/2016
Connect with us
Professional Football Against Hunger in Cairo
A high-level delegation of European football officials and former star players representing the Professional Football Against Hunger awareness and fundraising campaign will visit FAO TeleFood projects in Cairo, Egypt on 14 January. A press conference will be organized on the same day at the Egyptian National Sports Council.
The visit is the group’s first concrete initiative since the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) launched its anti-hunger fundraising campaign at FAO headquarters in October 2008. The event will take place under the patronage of Egyptian First Lady Suzanne Mubarak, who was nominated in October 2008 as Raeia – Illustrious Guide – of FAO’s activities and TeleFood Programmes.