- FAO delivers emergency livelihood kits to flood-affected farmers in Zambézia and Sofala provinces21/05/2015
- Italy provides EUR 400 000 to help earthquake-affected farmers in Nepal20/05/2015
- FAO Representative meets with Ebola survivors in Sierra Leone19/05/2015
- Ambassador of Thailand and FAO officials visit Sindhupalchok18/05/2015
- Julita Bonongwe: hope after the floods in Malawi15/05/2015
Connect with us
Professional Football Against Hunger in Cairo
A high-level delegation of European football officials and former star players representing the Professional Football Against Hunger awareness and fundraising campaign will visit FAO TeleFood projects in Cairo, Egypt on 14 January. A press conference will be organized on the same day at the Egyptian National Sports Council.
The visit is the group’s first concrete initiative since the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) launched its anti-hunger fundraising campaign at FAO headquarters in October 2008. The event will take place under the patronage of Egyptian First Lady Suzanne Mubarak, who was nominated in October 2008 as Raeia – Illustrious Guide – of FAO’s activities and TeleFood Programmes.