- Urgent assistance needed to prevent a catastrophe in Yemen as food crisis worsens10/02/2017
- The productive transfers /CASH+ approach in the Sahel: Empowering women in southern Mauritania10/02/2017
- Revitalizing local trade in Abyei 09/02/2017
- Emergency fertilizer distributions help conflict-affected Iraqi farmers increase wheat production 08/02/2017
- Emergency project boosts nutrition for vulnerable Pe Pin Yin villagers in Myanmar’s Rakhine State07/02/2017
Connect with us
Professional Football Against Hunger in Cairo
A high-level delegation of European football officials and former star players representing the Professional Football Against Hunger awareness and fundraising campaign will visit FAO TeleFood projects in Cairo, Egypt on 14 January. A press conference will be organized on the same day at the Egyptian National Sports Council.
The visit is the group’s first concrete initiative since the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) launched its anti-hunger fundraising campaign at FAO headquarters in October 2008. The event will take place under the patronage of Egyptian First Lady Suzanne Mubarak, who was nominated in October 2008 as Raeia – Illustrious Guide – of FAO’s activities and TeleFood Programmes.