- Experts call for robust surveillance and coordinated approaches in tackling Fall armyworm infestation26/04/2017
- FAO Director-General calls for urgent action to avoid famine in Yemen25/04/2017
- Fall armyworm spreads to East Africa25/04/2017
- FAO Council focuses on famine and famine risks24/04/2017
- Hunger and lack of rural development at the basis of the Lake Chad Basin crisis11/04/2017
Connect with us
Professional Football Against Hunger in Cairo
A high-level delegation of European football officials and former star players representing the Professional Football Against Hunger awareness and fundraising campaign will visit FAO TeleFood projects in Cairo, Egypt on 14 January. A press conference will be organized on the same day at the Egyptian National Sports Council.
The visit is the group’s first concrete initiative since the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) launched its anti-hunger fundraising campaign at FAO headquarters in October 2008. The event will take place under the patronage of Egyptian First Lady Suzanne Mubarak, who was nominated in October 2008 as Raeia – Illustrious Guide – of FAO’s activities and TeleFood Programmes.