- Launch of the Platform of analysis and measurement of population resilience in the Sahel and West Africa02/05/2016
- Urgent action needed to help Ethiopia’s farmers produce food in main cropping season29/04/2016
- North Korea’s food production falls for first time since 2010 as water scarcity hits agricultural sector27/04/2016
- Investment in early warning – early actions reaps massive reward against El Niño flood threats26/04/2016
- Drones help farmers in the Philippines prepare for climate disasters25/04/2016
Connect with us
Professional Football Against Hunger in Cairo
A high-level delegation of European football officials and former star players representing the Professional Football Against Hunger awareness and fundraising campaign will visit FAO TeleFood projects in Cairo, Egypt on 14 January. A press conference will be organized on the same day at the Egyptian National Sports Council.
The visit is the group’s first concrete initiative since the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) launched its anti-hunger fundraising campaign at FAO headquarters in October 2008. The event will take place under the patronage of Egyptian First Lady Suzanne Mubarak, who was nominated in October 2008 as Raeia – Illustrious Guide – of FAO’s activities and TeleFood Programmes.