- South Sudan: FAO air operation delivers agriculture aid to hard-to-access areas05/10/2015
- Rebuilding life after the Ebola virus disease in Guinea, survivors return to their communities (in FRENCH)28/09/2015
- FAO opens the re-established central cold chain for livestock vaccines25/09/2015
- Women farmer groups on the road to recovery in Sierra Leone24/09/2015
- Linking nutrition to social protection22/09/2015
Connect with us
Professional Football Against Hunger in Cairo
A high-level delegation of European football officials and former star players representing the Professional Football Against Hunger awareness and fundraising campaign will visit FAO TeleFood projects in Cairo, Egypt on 14 January. A press conference will be organized on the same day at the Egyptian National Sports Council.
The visit is the group’s first concrete initiative since the Association of European Professional Football Leagues (EPFL) launched its anti-hunger fundraising campaign at FAO headquarters in October 2008. The event will take place under the patronage of Egyptian First Lady Suzanne Mubarak, who was nominated in October 2008 as Raeia – Illustrious Guide – of FAO’s activities and TeleFood Programmes.