- Investment in early warning – early actions reaps massive reward against El Niño flood threats26/04/2016
- Drones help farmers in the Philippines prepare for climate disasters25/04/2016
- Agriculture is key to achieving lasting peace in Central African Republic18/04/2016
- Somalia exports 5.3 million animals, 6% growth in 201514/04/2016
- Canada steps up to support struggling rural families in eastern Ukraine13/04/2016
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.