- El Niño set to have a devastating impact on southern Africa’s harvests and food security12/02/2016
- Zika: FAO Director-General says agency is ready to contribute to international efforts09/02/2016
- Somalia continues to face large-scale food insecurity compounded by poor rainfall and drought08/02/2016
- UN agencies warn of escalating food crisis in South Sudan08/02/2016
- Myanmar floods six months on: agricultural livelihoods still buried in the mud05/02/2016
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.