- FAO support enables farmers in Maguindanao province to participate in the cropping season30/07/2015
- Building more resilient farming communities after Typhoon Haiyan30/07/2015
- South Sudan takes steps to formulate a policy on charcoal production24/07/2015
- Syria: Better rains improve wheat production, but food security situation remains bleak23/07/2015
- End of the aerial operations for the 2014/15 anti-locust campaign (in FRENCH)22/07/2015
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.