- Rebuilding life after the Ebola virus disease in Guinea, survivors return to their communities (in FRENCH)28/09/2015
- FAO opens the re-established central cold chain for livestock vaccines25/09/2015
- Women farmer groups on the road to recovery in Sierra Leone24/09/2015
- Linking nutrition to social protection22/09/2015
- Typhoon-affected islands off the coast of Samar receive much-needed livestock support21/09/2015
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.