- Millions of Yemenis face food insecurity amidst escalating conflict15/04/2015
- Emergency cattle vaccination campaign underway along Syria-Lebanon border09/04/2015
- Gathering weather data to provide early warning on climate07/04/2015
- Countries pledge to wipe out sheep and goat plague globally02/04/2015
- FAO and government team up to restore food security in northern Mali01/04/2015
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.