- Agriculture sector key to protecting livelihoods, addressing conflict and climate change risks23/05/2016
- A new paradigm for boosting the impact of humanitarian responses to food crises23/05/2016
- Rebuilding resilient communities after conflict and disaster in northern Rakhine12/05/2016
- Sowing seeds for change in the Central African Republic - INFOGRAPHIC07/05/2016
- Creating livelihood opportunities in conflict-affected communities in Rakhine06/05/2016
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.