- Cattle disease puts Eastern Europe and Central Asia’s veterinary experts on alert27/11/2015
- Surge in climate change-related disasters poses growing threat to food security26/11/2015
- Ebola recovery: FAO and partners join harvest launch celebration26/11/2015
- Education: key route towards sustainable food security and Climate Change adaptation23/11/2015
- Over USD 300 000 to control peste des petits ruminants in Liberia20/11/2015
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.