- Famine declared in parts of South Sudan20/02/2017
- Urgent assistance needed to prevent a catastrophe in Yemen as food crisis worsens10/02/2017
- The productive transfers /CASH+ approach in the Sahel: Empowering women in southern Mauritania10/02/2017
- Revitalizing local trade in Abyei 09/02/2017
- Emergency fertilizer distributions help conflict-affected Iraqi farmers increase wheat production 08/02/2017
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.