- Food security situation dire for millions in Nepal25/05/2015
- FAO delivers emergency livelihood kits to flood-affected farmers in Zambézia and Sofala provinces21/05/2015
- Italy provides EUR 400 000 to help earthquake-affected farmers in Nepal20/05/2015
- FAO Representative meets with Ebola survivors in Sierra Leone19/05/2015
- Ambassador of Thailand and FAO officials visit Sindhupalchok18/05/2015
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.