- Emerging drought threatens pastoralist livelihoods in southern Ethiopia17/01/2017
- EU provides FAO with funds to address deteriorating food security situation in Yemen11/01/2017
- Demining and repair initiative restores key irrigation canals farmland near Mosul22/12/2016
- Returning to cropping brings great rewards in northeastern Nigeria22/12/2016
- New and continued drought in the Horn of Africa threatens livelihoods and food security20/12/2016
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.