- Increasing food availability by supporting fisher folk in South Sudan 24/02/2017
- Northeastern Nigeria conflict intensifies Lake Chad Basin hunger crisis24/02/2017
- FAO scaling up agricultural assistance for returning IDPs in northeastern Nigeria23/02/2017
- Region III farmers optimistic on recovery after widespread destruction21/02/2017
- Famine in South Sudan: a joint FAO/UNICEF/WFP statement21/02/2017
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.