- FAO supports long-term recovery in Nepal through local farmers’ cooperatives 22/08/2016
- FAO earthquake emergency response helps empower women farmers in Nepal22/08/2016
- Latest analysis shows an alarming rise in food insecurity in northeast Nigeria19/08/2016
- Rekindling hope in northeast Nigeria 19/08/2016
- Ethiopia has staved off worst of El Niño, but possible impacts of La Niña looming large12/08/2016
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.