- Fall armyworm spreads to East Africa25/04/2017
- Hunger and lack of rural development at the basis of the Lake Chad Basin crisis11/04/2017
- Animal vaccinations in Yemen help protect families’ livelihoods10/04/2017
- FAO Director-General meets Chad’s Prime Minister to discuss critical role of agriculture 07/04/2017
- FAO Director-General emphasizes importance of coming planting season to tackle hunger during his visit to northeastern Nigeria07/04/2017
Connect with us
Web-based information tool for food security for Haiti
In the face of extreme food price volatility and food shortages in Haiti following the January 12 earthquake, FAO has developed an interactive tool to guide international agencies and NGOs involved in food security across the country.
The Haiti Food Security Emergency Tool aggregates data from a variety of authoritative sources and presents that information in an interactive map form. Subjects covered include useable roads, crop calendars, land use, livelihood zones and damage information.
The project is based on the Global Information and Early Warning System (GIEWS) Workstation funded by the European Commission under the EC-FAO Food Security for Decision Making Programme.