- FAO contributes to better planning of humanitarian relief operations in Pakistan30/06/2016
- Unprecedented level of food insecurity in South Sudan, UN agencies warn29/06/2016
- FAO pilots efforts to integrate literacy and livelihood skills building in pastoralist field schools in South Sudan28/06/2016
- Food insecurity in the Lake Chad basin23/06/2016
- FAO concludes its Earthquake Response Programme in Nepal23/06/2016
Connect with us
African food security needs urgent, undivided attention
FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf today called for urgent attention to be directed at Africa’s present food security situation.
“In sub-Saharan Africa, since 2009, over 265 million people are malnourished and 30 percent of the population suffers from hunger,” Diouf said in his opening statement for the Ministerial Segment of the 26th session of FAO’s Regional Conference for Africa in Luanda, Angola. “This situation clearly demands our urgent and undivided attention,” he added.