- FAO Report highlights the benefits of complementing cash grants with home gardening practices30/06/2015
- Conditional cash assistance to build resilience against water scarcity in the West Bank29/06/2015
- Rural women’s groups in peacebuilding activities25/06/2015
- Two months before the end of the 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar, objective almost reached (in FRENCH)24/06/2015
- Ebola Outbreak: Guinea smallholders confident in the future (in FRENCH)23/06/2015
Connect with us
African food security needs urgent, undivided attention
FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf today called for urgent attention to be directed at Africa’s present food security situation.
“In sub-Saharan Africa, since 2009, over 265 million people are malnourished and 30 percent of the population suffers from hunger,” Diouf said in his opening statement for the Ministerial Segment of the 26th session of FAO’s Regional Conference for Africa in Luanda, Angola. “This situation clearly demands our urgent and undivided attention,” he added.