- In Somalia some 855,000 people face acute food insecurity01/09/2015
- Layer-broiler chickens going to small farms hurt by conflict in eastern Ukraine28/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Early Warning: El Niño threatens Somalia’s humanitarian gains 21/08/2015
- End of ground control operations for 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar (in FRENCH) 19/08/2015
Connect with us
African food security needs urgent, undivided attention
FAO Director-General Jacques Diouf today called for urgent attention to be directed at Africa’s present food security situation.
“In sub-Saharan Africa, since 2009, over 265 million people are malnourished and 30 percent of the population suffers from hunger,” Diouf said in his opening statement for the Ministerial Segment of the 26th session of FAO’s Regional Conference for Africa in Luanda, Angola. “This situation clearly demands our urgent and undivided attention,” he added.