- FAO supports long-term recovery in Nepal through local farmers’ cooperatives 22/08/2016
- FAO earthquake emergency response helps empower women farmers in Nepal22/08/2016
- Latest analysis shows an alarming rise in food insecurity in northeast Nigeria19/08/2016
- Rekindling hope in northeast Nigeria 19/08/2016
- Ethiopia has staved off worst of El Niño, but possible impacts of La Niña looming large12/08/2016
Connect with us
United States donates USD 16 million to FAO for flood-hit Pakistan farmers
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is to provide FAO with USD 16 million to support wheat planting, prevent further livestock losses and de-silt irrigation systems in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, one of the provinces most severely affected by last month’s floods.
The donation marks an auspicious start for FAO’s USD 107 million appeal in the UN’s Pakistan Floods Emergency Response Plan appeal, announced in New York on Friday following the worst natural disaster on record in terms of farming and production losses.