- Conditional cash assistance to build resilience against water scarcity in the West Bank29/06/2015
- Rural women’s groups in peacebuilding activities25/06/2015
- Two months before the end of the 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar, objective almost reached (in FRENCH)24/06/2015
- Ebola Outbreak: Guinea smallholders confident in the future (in FRENCH)23/06/2015
- West and Central Africa discussed coordination and synergies to contain Avian Influenza22/06/2015
Connect with us
United States donates USD 16 million to FAO for flood-hit Pakistan farmers
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is to provide FAO with USD 16 million to support wheat planting, prevent further livestock losses and de-silt irrigation systems in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, one of the provinces most severely affected by last month’s floods.
The donation marks an auspicious start for FAO’s USD 107 million appeal in the UN’s Pakistan Floods Emergency Response Plan appeal, announced in New York on Friday following the worst natural disaster on record in terms of farming and production losses.