- Increasing food availability by supporting fisher folk in South Sudan 24/02/2017
- Northeastern Nigeria conflict intensifies Lake Chad Basin hunger crisis24/02/2017
- FAO scaling up agricultural assistance for returning IDPs in northeastern Nigeria23/02/2017
- Region III farmers optimistic on recovery after widespread destruction21/02/2017
- Famine in South Sudan: a joint FAO/UNICEF/WFP statement21/02/2017
Connect with us
United States donates USD 16 million to FAO for flood-hit Pakistan farmers
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is to provide FAO with USD 16 million to support wheat planting, prevent further livestock losses and de-silt irrigation systems in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, one of the provinces most severely affected by last month’s floods.
The donation marks an auspicious start for FAO’s USD 107 million appeal in the UN’s Pakistan Floods Emergency Response Plan appeal, announced in New York on Friday following the worst natural disaster on record in terms of farming and production losses.