- As South Sudan conflict escalates, 4.6 million people at risk of severe food insecurity29/05/2015
- FAO Local Seed Sourcing – A Domino Effect of Benefits28/05/2015
- Food security situation dire for millions in Nepal25/05/2015
- FAO delivers emergency livelihood kits to flood-affected farmers in Zambézia and Sofala provinces21/05/2015
- Italy provides EUR 400 000 to help earthquake-affected farmers in Nepal20/05/2015
Connect with us
United States donates USD 16 million to FAO for flood-hit Pakistan farmers
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is to provide FAO with USD 16 million to support wheat planting, prevent further livestock losses and de-silt irrigation systems in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, one of the provinces most severely affected by last month’s floods.
The donation marks an auspicious start for FAO’s USD 107 million appeal in the UN’s Pakistan Floods Emergency Response Plan appeal, announced in New York on Friday following the worst natural disaster on record in terms of farming and production losses.