- FAO contributes to better planning of humanitarian relief operations in Pakistan30/06/2016
- Unprecedented level of food insecurity in South Sudan, UN agencies warn29/06/2016
- FAO pilots efforts to integrate literacy and livelihood skills building in pastoralist field schools in South Sudan28/06/2016
- Food insecurity in the Lake Chad basin23/06/2016
- FAO concludes its Earthquake Response Programme in Nepal23/06/2016
Connect with us
United States donates USD 16 million to FAO for flood-hit Pakistan farmers
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is to provide FAO with USD 16 million to support wheat planting, prevent further livestock losses and de-silt irrigation systems in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, one of the provinces most severely affected by last month’s floods.
The donation marks an auspicious start for FAO’s USD 107 million appeal in the UN’s Pakistan Floods Emergency Response Plan appeal, announced in New York on Friday following the worst natural disaster on record in terms of farming and production losses.