- Empowering women through strengthened livelihoods02/12/2016
- Southern Africa: Strengthening capacity of livestock interventions in crises29/11/2016
- Ethiopia’s historic seed campaign - INFOGRAPHIC28/11/2016
- UN food agencies call for urgent action to address southern Madagascar’s worsening food insecurity18/11/2016
- Food production in Syria at all-time low15/11/2016
Connect with us
United States donates USD 16 million to FAO for flood-hit Pakistan farmers
The United States Agency for International Development (USAID) is to provide FAO with USD 16 million to support wheat planting, prevent further livestock losses and de-silt irrigation systems in Pakistan's Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, one of the provinces most severely affected by last month’s floods.
The donation marks an auspicious start for FAO’s USD 107 million appeal in the UN’s Pakistan Floods Emergency Response Plan appeal, announced in New York on Friday following the worst natural disaster on record in terms of farming and production losses.