- Layer-broiler chickens going to small farms hurt by conflict in eastern Ukraine28/08/2015
- FAO South Sudan trains extension workers on livestock production in Kuajok and Aweil24/08/2015
- Early Warning: El Niño threatens Somalia’s humanitarian gains 21/08/2015
- End of ground control operations for 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar (in FRENCH) 19/08/2015
- FAO support enables farmers in Maguindanao province to participate in the cropping season30/07/2015
Connect with us
FAO distributes huge quantities of wheat seeds in Pakistan
FAO has begun a large-scale distribution of wheat seeds in Pakistan that will benefit well over half a million farming families or nearly five million people. The distributions will mean that for these people the current Rabi planting season that ends in December will take place despite the devastation caused by the worst flooding the country has ever known.
Making seeds available to vulnerable farming families is crucial because an estimated 500 000 to 600 000 tonnes of wheat seeds were washed away or ruined by the floods.