- West and Central African countries learn to develop National Drought Management policies 05/05/2015
- Philippines takes first steps towards a national DRR strategy for agriculture04/05/2015
- Locust control in Madagascar – up to the last breath04/05/2015
- Nepal Earthquake’s impact on food security and agriculture likely very high30/04/2015
- Reviving agricultural production in areas affected by the Ebola outbreak in Guinea30/04/2015
Connect with us
EC, FAO, IFAD and WFP join forces on food security and nutrition
The European Commission (EC), FAO, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the World Food Programme (WFP) have signed today in Rome a new Strategic Framework of Cooperation to increase the capacity of the international community to deliver effective, coordinated, timely and sustainable support to food security and nutrition.
By joining forces, the four partners are seeking to achieve higher collective impact on the world's food security. The Strategic Framework of Cooperation defines the complementary roles of the three Rome-based UN Agencies, putting emphasis on the coherence of their comparative advantages and core mandates, enhanced through strengthened coordination and collaboration.