- South Sudan: FAO air operation delivers agriculture aid to hard-to-access areas05/10/2015
- Rebuilding life after the Ebola virus disease in Guinea, survivors return to their communities (in FRENCH)28/09/2015
- FAO opens the re-established central cold chain for livestock vaccines25/09/2015
- Women farmer groups on the road to recovery in Sierra Leone24/09/2015
- Linking nutrition to social protection22/09/2015
Connect with us
EC, FAO, IFAD and WFP join forces on food security and nutrition
The European Commission (EC), FAO, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the World Food Programme (WFP) have signed today in Rome a new Strategic Framework of Cooperation to increase the capacity of the international community to deliver effective, coordinated, timely and sustainable support to food security and nutrition.
By joining forces, the four partners are seeking to achieve higher collective impact on the world's food security. The Strategic Framework of Cooperation defines the complementary roles of the three Rome-based UN Agencies, putting emphasis on the coherence of their comparative advantages and core mandates, enhanced through strengthened coordination and collaboration.