- South Sudan takes steps to formulate a policy on charcoal production24/07/2015
- Syria: Better rains improve wheat production, but food security situation remains bleak23/07/2015
- End of the aerial operations for the 2014/15 anti-locust campaign (in FRENCH)22/07/2015
- Worries rise over outbreaks of avian flu in West Africa20/07/2015
- FAO commits regional efforts to control cross-border livestock diseases in South Sudan and Uganda06/07/2015
Connect with us
EC, FAO, IFAD and WFP join forces on food security and nutrition
The European Commission (EC), FAO, the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the World Food Programme (WFP) have signed today in Rome a new Strategic Framework of Cooperation to increase the capacity of the international community to deliver effective, coordinated, timely and sustainable support to food security and nutrition.
By joining forces, the four partners are seeking to achieve higher collective impact on the world's food security. The Strategic Framework of Cooperation defines the complementary roles of the three Rome-based UN Agencies, putting emphasis on the coherence of their comparative advantages and core mandates, enhanced through strengthened coordination and collaboration.