- The fight against the Ebola virus continues at the human-animal-ecosystem interface (in FRENCH)30/06/2015
- FAO Report highlights the benefits of complementing cash grants with home gardening practices30/06/2015
- Conditional cash assistance to build resilience against water scarcity in the West Bank29/06/2015
- Rural women’s groups in peacebuilding activities25/06/2015
- Two months before the end of the 2014/15 anti-locust campaign in Madagascar, objective almost reached (in FRENCH)24/06/2015
Connect with us
Aid for East Africa, now and in the future
Following the emergency meeting on the food and humanitarian crisis in the Horn of Africa held in Rome on 25 July at the request of the French Presidency of the G20, FAO and WFP welcome the international community's determined mobilization in response to the situation.
This mobilization is aimed first of all at meeting the challenges of the humanitarian and food emergency by coordinating the response of international agencies and humanitarian organizations and by raising the funds required. Beyond the emergency, it will be necessary to put into place the long-term solutions needed to guarantee food security in the Horn of Africa. There will be no sustainable solution to the crisis without measures that enable the countries of the region to become food self-sufficient, develop food crop production and support pastoralism and massively reinvest in agriculture and livestock-raising in the region.